Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Hi Chris,

Just checked the website and can't seem to find the Proraso White aftershave balm. Are you getting some stock of it soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

This one?

On second look you probably mean this out of stock one.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    This one?

On second look you probably mean this out of stock one.

Yeah, the first one is the blue aftershave I think. I have the white Proraso pre-shave and love the scent so I'd like to try the white balm also.

I haven't got around to trying out the new Proraso stuff but the old white balm was very nice. I imagine he new version is equally as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

lizzyman wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Just checked the website and can't seem to find the Proraso White aftershave balm. Are you getting some stock of it soon?

Hi lizzyman, I expect that one back by next Friday. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I was in Dublin this weekend, miles from home, and needed some blades (my fault for not packing properly before I left). I went to a certain upmarket outlet just off Stephen's Green where they wanted €9 for ten Feathers. Robbers. I have just sent a new order to shaving.ie.

Michael G wrote: »
    I was in Dublin this weekend, miles from home, and needed some blades (my fault for not packing properly before I left). I went to a certain upmarket outlet just off Stephen's Green where they wanted €9 for ten Feathers. Robbers. I have just sent a new order to shaving.ie.

With price gouging like that hopefully they won't stay in business long. I'm all for supporting local businesses but fúck that for a game of cowboys and indians.

lizzyman wrote: »
    With price gouging like that hopefully they won't stay in business long. I'm all for supporting local businesses but fúck that for a game of cowboys and indians.
    Actually they've been in business for several years now — surprising at the prices they charge. They are very well stocked but far too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Actually they've been in business for several years now — surprising at the prices they charge. They are very well stocked but far too expensive.

I think with the amount of law firms in the area and it being a very affluent area, it's all about showing off.

Chemists near me have the original Palmolive cream and the Palmolive shaving stick for €3.90 & €1.90 respectively. Madness.

• Advertisement

That's overpriced certainly, but if you use Palmolive you should grab them — apart from the nasty canned foam, the brand is being discontinued in Ireland and the UK. We'll soon be able to find it only in pound shops.

Unexpected things can turn up in chemists'. One of my locals in Wexford has the shaving cream from the Nivea Originals range, labelled in Spanish and Portuguese, for €1.50. It must have been imported by accident, because while the rest of the Nivea Originals range is widely available I have never seen the shaving cream before — and it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

That's overpriced certainly, but if you use Palmolive you should grab them — apart from the nasty canned foam, the brand is being discontinued in Ireland and the UK. We'll soon be able to find it only in pound shops.

Unexpected things can turn up in chemists'. One of my locals in Wexford has the shaving cream from the Nivea Originals range, labelled in Spanish and Portuguese, for €1.50. It must have been imported by accident, because while the rest of the Nivea Originals range is widely available I have never seen the shaving cream before — and it's very good.

Hiya, whereabouts in Wexford can you get the Nivea shaving cream?

Thanks

Grant's pharmacy in St Aidan's Shopping Centre, beside Pettit's. I should say that it's about six or eight weeks since I got it — not sure if it's still there. But I think they have a branch in Arklow too.

I have the shaving stick, Tesco used to have it for 65c but not anymore. I can still get it at a local SuperDrug for about 90c but I'm not too pushed. I prefer creams mostly and €3.90 for a tube of Palmolive is nuts when I can get lovely Proraso for a few euro more.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Hi lizzyman, I expect that one back by next Friday. Thanks.

Hi Chris, no sign of the Proraso white balm on the site yet, are you expecting it soon? I'd like to get an order in before Father's day. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

I was in the Taylors of Old Bond Street store in Mayfair last week and got a whiff of their new Peppermint Shaving Cream. It smelt delish and the perfect thing to wake you up in the morning! Any plans to stock it soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Saw some steel hand bowls in Aldi the other day for a fiver that would make ideal shaving bowls.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

@ Lizzyman - It finally arrived yesterday

@ NavyandBlue - I intended to bring some in with my last stock order but completely forgot. Will get some next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I was in the Taylors of Old Bond Street store in Mayfair last week and got a whiff of their new Peppermint Shaving Cream. It smelt delish and the perfect thing to wake you up in the morning! Any plans to stock it soon?

That sounds nice. How much was it there?

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    @ Lizzyman - It finally arrived yesterday

@ NavyandBlue - I intended to bring some in with my last stock order but completely forgot. Will get some next time.

Thanks Chris! Ordered last night :)

Would you ever consider doing a post on here every few weeks when you get new stock in? Would be nice to hear about new stuff that you have available.

• Advertisement

It's great to see Nanny's Silly Soap on the site. 13 different scents too.

Shame I have far too much soap to order some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's great to see Nanny's Silly Soap on the site. 13 different scents too.

Shame I have far too much soap to order some.

You can never have too much soap:D
    Just ordered the Yushu scent, it suppose to smell like Gin & Tonic. I'll tell you how I get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just ordered the Yushu scent, it suppose to smell like Gin & Tonic. I'll tell you how I get on with it.

So you want to smell like a hobo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

JamboMac wrote: »
    So you want to smell like a hobo?

Lol :D

I have some soaps in a box in my wardrobe unused from when I bought them about 3 years ago.

It's a blessing and a curse as I don't have to buy soaps any time soon but it also means I won't be trying out new soaps any time soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Another seriously quick order received from shaving.ie, thanks Chris.

Now, I just need to convenience my wife to shell out for a new badger shaving brush....problem is she has an issue with the badger hair :(

What's her issue with it?

It's harvested from badgers killed as pest control in China these days, so it's better being used than just thrown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

What's her issue with it?

It's harvested from badgers killed as pest control in China these days, so it's better being used than just thrown away.

I thought it was just a euphemism :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Another seriously quick order received from shaving.ie, thanks Chris.

Now, I just need to convenience my wife to shell out for a new badger shaving brush....problem is she has an issue with the badger hair :(

Ever try the L'Occitane Plisson? It's a bit expensive at €40 but it's the softest I've ever come across and it's shockingly good. I've semi retired my Semogue 2000 since I got the Plisson. Completely synthetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I need to get a new Merkur 37C..my old one mysteriously vanished from the bathroom this week.

Are there any codes available?

Advertisement