Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Ryath

boards.ie will give you a 5% discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Chris, two questions:

Will the Muhle blade guard fit my Feather All-Stainless?

What's the knot diameter of the Omega 81064?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Michael G wrote: »
    Chris, two questions:

Will the Muhle blade guard fit my Feather All-Stainless?

What's the knot diameter of the Omega 81064?

Thanks

Hi, Yes it fits the Feather also. The knot of the Omega is 25mm with a loft of 59mm. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Hi, apologies if in the wrong thread but I am looking to buy Treet razor blades and I couldn't find any on Shaving.ie (as far as I could tell!). If not, could you recommend somewhere I could grab them or do you have any connected websites/sellers you could suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Connaughtshaving.com in the UK have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Hi i gotta pack of treet platinum free some time ago with a delivery. Pm your address and ill send them on. Never opened.

Ashashi wrote: »
    Hi, apologies if in the wrong thread but I am looking to buy Treet razor blades and I couldn't find any on Shaving.ie (as far as I could tell!). If not, could you recommend somewhere I could grab them or do you have any connected websites/sellers you could suggest?

I probably have some Treet Classics available and will add them when I double check at work tomorrow. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

finally took the plunge and ordered myself some proper shaving gear. won't have to put up with permanent 5 o clock shadow from this cheap bic's any longer

got the basic starter kit with the muhle and some Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap as well as proraso pre(post?) green tea + oat cream. have unbelievably sensitive skin as well as rosacea/seb derm so any little thing I can get to make the process of scraping dead hair off my face less painful is worth getting

kinda raging i shaved this morning now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jpb1974

strelok wrote: »
    proraso pre(post?) green tea + oat cream

Massage some onto your face 5 mins before you shower. After a few minutes in the shower you can wash it off. Then shave when you get out of the shower.

do i have to wash it off? i've seen a few people online suggest they leave it on before lathering, some even reapply it in between lathers

• Advertisement

What I described is purely my routine - I use it sorta like a pre-shave conditioner in that manner and it works really well for me. Leaving it on is an option, but I've heard some say it can interfere with your lather.

cool beans. plenty of time to learn anyway

If you watch some of the barber hot towel shaves on Youtube, you'll notice that they put the Proraso pre-shave on before the hot towel. The hot towel is then applied and at the end the face would be wiped down before the lather is applied. My showering method basically replicates this and, I have to say, I get the absolute best shaves when I put in the effort on the prep.

shaved my head with my newish wahl balding clippers and decided to throw some of the green tea+ oat anti irritation cream on there after. nice soothing feeling and the flakes/dandruff/irritated skin whatever aren't to be seen any more

love it. tomorrow, my face

well, that was easy. i was expecting some big ordeal. it was less hassle than regular shaving, my skin is in far better shape than it usually is

i got cocky about how i hadn't cut myself and then cut myself, but only 2 small nicks at the bottom of my neck.. they're just reddening, not bleeding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

well, that was easy. i was expecting some big ordeal. it was less hassle than regular shaving, my skin is in far better shape than it usually is

i got cocky about how i hadn't cut myself and then cut myself, but only 2 small nicks at the bottom of my neck.. they're just reddening, not bleeding

Nice! Welcome to what might become an obsession....

Do you have an alum block or styptic pencil? (one of these will last ages) That'll help with the little nicks. Also, cold water will help to close it up a little.

yeah the starter kit came with a styptic pencil

should I turn the blades over in the razor after each shave? I noticed it has a 1/2 and a 3/4 on the left and right side of the top and bottom of the blade, wasn't sure what that was about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Those numbers are just there for manufacturing purposes. No need to turn the blade over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

do i have to wash it off? i've seen a few people online suggest they leave it on before lathering, some even reapply it in between lathers

I leave it on before lathering. Never had any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've received some Proraso goodies in the post this morning :)

I've bought the pre- and post-shave cream for the first time, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I've just shaved with a Muhle blade — I got a packet as a freebie in my last shaving.ie order. I used my Merkur 15C.

I always use Feathers and I'm afraid the Muhle isn't nearly as good. It felt like using a Feather for the fourth time (I always stop at three). The shave was good and there is no soreness or burn, but it just wasn't pleasant. It's back to the Feathers tomorrow.

So if anyone would like 9 Muhle blades just DM me and I'll put them in the post. I don't want anything in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Michael G wrote: »
    I've just shaved with a Muhle blade — I got a packet as a freebie in my last shaving.ie order. I used my Merkur 15C.

I always use Feathers and I'm afraid the Muhle isn't nearly as good. It felt like using a Feather for the fourth time (I always stop at three). The shave was good and there is no soreness or burn, but it just wasn't pleasant. It's back to the Feathers tomorrow.

So if anyone would like 9 Muhle blades just DM me and I'll put them in the post. I don't want anything in return.

Hi
    Are the blades gone? I would gladly take them off your hands please if they are available.
    Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Chris, will you be getting in any more 2 band 26mm or 30mm knot HL Thater Brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

New to the world of DE shaving

Thought I'd give it a go as I've to shave daily for work and cartridges were both eating my face and my wallet.

Ordered some bits from Shaving.ie, sample blade pack, soap and a brush. Arrived next day. Excellent stuff.

Already looking at getting a few more bits to leave in my locker in work......my wish list on the site is getting ever longer! But my pay packet keeps saying no! Handy I can save everything in one place and chip away at it as I want and or need it

Chris, will you be getting in any more 2 band 26mm or 30mm knot HL Thater Brushes.

Yes, More bulb brushes should be arriving next month. I do have them in fan shaped knots but they are not yet on the website.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Woke up

Double checked I was paid

Order placed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Any idea if/when the Sandalwood Taylor hair and body shampoo will be back in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Any chance this is coming back in?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/proraso-sensitive-shaving-soap.html

Starting to run out.

@ Orion More Taylor Shampoo will be arriving in 2 weeks.

@ titan18 That will be back tomorrow.

Thanks, Chris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    @ Orion More Taylor Shampoo will be arriving in 2 weeks.

And ordered - thanks.

Advertisement