Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'll take the credibility hit thanks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Hi Chris, any plans to stock some of the Thayer's witch hazel products? I usually order from Amazon but it works out quite expensive with the shipping charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hi Chris - will you be getting DR Harris Arlington aftershave in stock soon?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotham Knight

Hi Chris, any plans to stock some of the Thayer's witch hazel products? I usually order from Amazon but it works out quite expensive with the shipping charges.

Since Chris doesn't stock Thayers you should take a look at iHerb.com. I have used them a few times for Thayers and Dickinson's Witch Hazel and the price including shipping is pretty good. Takes a couple of weeks to arrive but has always arrived safely. I just order a couple of bottles to avoid any import duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Since Chris doesn't stock Thayers you should take a look at iHerb.com. I have used them a few times for Thayers and Dickinson's Witch Hazel and the price including shipping is pretty good. Takes a couple of weeks to arrive but has always arrived safely. I just order a couple of bottles to avoid any import duty.

+1

Pretty sure they still give a $5 discount for first time buyers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Hi Chris, looking for the Dr Harris medicated shampoo if it will be back soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedSteve

Hey guys. Relatively new to wet shaving and the shaving.ie site. There are some things I've been looking at to pick up and they're mostly out of stock now. Does that happen often on the site and do stocks get updated frequently? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just signed up for an account there myself. Last xmas, my wife bought me a Muhle safety razor, Lavender soap, and a starter pack of DE blades.

I'm just after picking up 100 Derby blades for like €9 - crazy cheap prices. Had to also pick up a cup of the Sandalwood Taylor of Old Bond Street stuff. Looking forward to trying all out. (The Derby blades seemed to suit me best from the trial pack)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Chris, do you still stock the barber sizes in Proraso pre-shave cream and shaving cream? I can't find them on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Looking to get a new beard balm....
    I've just finished a bottle of Proraso Beard Balm that I got on Shaving.ie. I really like it, and will definitely buy again, but I wouldn't mind trying something different either :)

The only other beard balm on the website is Dr. K Beard Balm (http://www.shaving.ie/products/dr-k-beard-balm.html). Has anyone tried it? Would you recommend it? (I don't like beard oil, so I want to stick to a balm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Has anyone ordered from shaving.ie lately? I posted a query a few weeks ago and got no reply, so I'm reluctant to place an order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Michael G wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from shaving.ie lately? I posted a query a few weeks ago and got no reply, so I'm reluctant to place an order.

He used to post here very regularly, and offered a discount to Boards users, but somebody squealed on him for posting in a commercial capacity. He hasn't posted since. I'm assuming he was told to pay/sign up for a Rep account or else to stop posting about his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I ordered some stuff about a month ago, there was a small delay in getting the stuff and I had to email Chris to ask him to change the delivery address because of the delay (I was going on holidays in West Cork and asked him to send it there instead of to my home). Other than the delay in sending the stuff, I had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I ordered a few things about 10 days ago and they were delivered last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Always great to deal with .top notch service

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

An File wrote: »

He used to post here very regularly, and offered a discount to Boards users, but somebody squealed on him for posting in a commercial capacity. He hasn't posted since. I'm assuming he was told to pay/sign up for a Rep account or else to stop posting about his business.
    The discount still applies (at least it did last time I ordered). Great service and would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Got a tube of DR Harris Almond from shaving.ie . The nicest shaving soap or cream that I've used so far. Really easy to make a nice cushioning lather from and quickly too. Nice protection. As with TOBS Sandalwood and Trumpers Sandalwood, my face tingles a bit with it though. Bought it by accident, meant to get Arlington. Really nice cream though. Can't believe the lovely fresh lather from it but the scent would make you want to eat it. Just like almonds. Little bit seems to go a long way too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads, whats the shaving.ie discount code, can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Cabaal wrote: »
    Lads, whats the shaving.ie discount code, can't seem to find it

Last time for me it was, boards.ie

Last time for me it was, boards.ie

Yep that's the one and you enter it right at the end . There's a place to add a code earlier that doesn't work .

• Advertisement

Don't think it works anymore - tried it a few days ago and no go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I used it two weeks ago - worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The discount code definitely still works; I bought stuff on September 6th. It is case sensitive, so make sure the 'b' is lowercase.

Tried again today, no luck.

I've used the code several times over the last 3-4 years without issue but it just ain't budging today.

OK.. figured it out.

It doesn't work on the initial checkout page, but if you step through the secure checkout steps it works on the 4th and final page.

Someone may have posted this already, but I didn't notice.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Yep that's the one and you enter it right at the end . There's a place to add a code earlier that doesn't work .
    jpb1974 wrote: »
    OK.. figured it out.

It doesn't work on the initial checkout page, but if you step through the secure checkout steps it works on the 4th and final page.

Someone may have posted this already, but I didn't notice.

Thanks

They did indeed...:D

Uriel. wrote: »
    They did indeed...:D

It's okay. He was having one of these moments...

BspRv8X0.jpg

We've all been there.

Wondering about my brush. It came with the luxury starter kit and I know it's a badger brush. Not sure how good or bad it is though. It seems to hold a lot of lather but it doesn't really come out on my face as much as I'd like. Makes good lather but seems to stay in the brush. Always end up washing a ton of it down the sink when I'm washing up after a shave.

Maybe that's normal? Thinking of getting a different brush but the cost of all these things to try is getting expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Anyone with an opinion on what is the best available sandalwood scented shaving cream? I usually get TOBS shaving creams but I'm partial to DR Harris as well.

• Advertisement

I actually like Proraso Sandalwood. Harris is good too.

I can't really use TOBS anyway as it seems to burn me. Bought Coconut recently as I thought it might just have been their Sandalwood but I can't use that either. Must not agree with my face whatever the heck is in TOBS.

Advertisement