Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ordered DR Harris Arlington SC and AS yesterday - here today.Class Service.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

Collected my Floid x 2 from the Post Office this morning. Great Service as usual cheers Chris. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

And the Semogue 2015HD is back before Christmas, but it won't get posted out in time. Bah humbug :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Meirleach

And the Semogue 2015HD is back before Christmas, but it won't get posted out in time. Bah humbug :p

Heh, I wanted a 2015, but upon not seeing it in stock, I went with the 730. Which I have been lead to believe, is the same basic brush just with an acrylic handle.

Speaking of which I got all this today
    copyofss851098.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Meirleach wrote: »
    Heh, I wanted a 2015, but upon not seeing it in stock, I went with the 730. Which I have been lead to believe, is the same basic brush just with an acrylic handle.

Any truth to this claim, I could save myself some moneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Meirleach

Any truth to this claim, I could save myself some moneys

Ah sorry, I should have been clearer, the 2015 is the same brush as the 730, and the 2015HD is analogous to the 730HD. So don't buy a standard 730 if you want the higher density one!

So the acrylic handled variants are actually slightly more expensive than the wooden handles, they were however in stock for christmas. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

With all the stores having a sale, I wonder if our favourite online sources are going to shave up to 70% off (like Debenhams) - well 10% will do. I am in the mood for a bargain. Anyone else?

Speaking of a sale, I was in L'Occitane today and they have 25% off pretty much everything. Cade shaving soap is about 8 euro down from 11 and the metal soap bowl is down from 22 to about 17.50. All the Cade soap is sold out but apparently they are trying to get some from their store in Galway sent to Dublin. Anyone here a fan of Cade?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

Not familiar with that brand.

Really enjoying the TOBS Shaving Shop cream (6.99 from TK Maxx) right now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

seosamh wrote: »
    Speaking of a sale, I was in L'Occitane today and they have 25% off pretty much everything. Cade shaving soap is about 8 euro down from 11 and the metal soap bowl is down from 22 to about 17.50. All the Cade soap is sold out but apparently they are trying to get some from their store in Galway sent to Dublin. Anyone here a fan of Cade?

Went into the Limerick store today, they have the bowl with soap, but Jesus it's bloody expensive, and you get very little soap with it, half the side you get with other brands. Definitely not worth €17 you'd be better off going with some TOBS or DR Harris, you get way more and they come in a nice wooden bowl.

• Advertisement

foinse wrote: »
    Went into the Limerick store today, they have the bowl with soap, but Jesus it's bloody expensive, and you get very little soap with it, half the side you get with other brands. Definitely not worth €17 you'd be better off going with some TOBS or DR Harris, you get way more and they come in a nice wooden bowl.

Yeah, the bowl is a little on the expensive side - definitely for the devoted especially as the bowl comes empty. As for the soap, it gets great reviews on the shaving sites - perhaps a tad drying. The French know a thing or two about soaps. I have the CADE aftershave balm and it is good but $$.

Yeah, the bowl is a little on the expensive side - definitely for the devoted especially as the bowl comes empty. As for the soap, it gets great reviews on the shaving sites - perhaps a tad drying. The French know a thing or two about soaps. I have the CADE aftershave balm and it is good but $$.

I know the french do good soap the point i'm trying to make is that, the cade stuff seems to be ridiculously expensive for what you're getting, i saw a pack for €17 you get a tiny soap bowl and a sliver of soap for that.

P.aspx?l=en-GB&s=265&e=jpg&id=95SHAVEBOWL

compared to the deep bowl you'd get with TOBS for similar price. I get what you're saying but with regards to the quality of the stuff, but the price is just off putting to me for what you're getting.

tatlors-wooden-shaving-soap.jpg

this soap will last way longer, it's double the size of the L'occitane stuff if not bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Keep it on topic please! If you want to talk about general shaving stuff go to the other thread.

Sorry Dord

So back on topic, is shaving.ie going to have a sale? Are we who support this site through purchasing and indeed good word of mouth entitled to a little sale? Surely there must be the cyclical shedding of older stock to make way for new stuff and a sale would be a good way of doing it? We all know you have excellent service - quick turnaround, updates of upcoming products and the personable approach that engenders loyalty. So how about it then - a flat 10% off say for the next week. Easy tweak to the site, only need to modify the checkout basket. Win-win.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest shaving.ie's prices are pretty competitive and so are his shipping costs, in addition the customer services provided is excellent from any company I've ever dealt with and for this alone I would recommend it over others.

Fair enough your looking for 10% off but Chris has to make a living too :pac:

So back on topic, is shaving.ie going to have a sale? Are we who support this site through purchasing and indeed good word of mouth entitled to a little sale? Surely there must be the cyclical shedding of older stock to make way for new stuff and a sale would be a good way of doing it? We all know you have excellent service - quick turnaround, updates of upcoming products and the personable approach that engenders loyalty. So how about it then - a flat 10% off say for the next week. Easy tweak to the site, only need to modify the checkout basket. Win-win.

Of course we're going to keep supporting the site, i've made 3 purchases from him in the last 2 weeks, The prices seem to be better than any other irish site, and the cheaper shipping costs means it works out cheaper than US and UK sites, I think we're getting a pretty good deal as is.

Damn it Cabal you beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Chris, what product are you happy to have stocked this last year, not from a sales or fiscal point of view, but one where you went, '..mmm, that's nice to have'.

Just curious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Amalgam wrote: »
    Chris, what product are you happy to have stocked this last year, not from a sales or fiscal point of view, but one where you went, '..mmm, that's nice to have'.

Just curious. :D

It's hard to say but the product that I remember and stood out most when I got it was the Floid Aftershave. Its just such a sturdy classic looking bottle and captured the essence of what in my mind an old Italian barber shop would smell like. Floid is also something which is harder to find which adds further to its appeal. Also more recently the mahogany D R Harris soap bowls caught my eye.

is shaving.ie going to have a sale?
    Yes, This was something that I was planning... It was meant to be a surprise though :rolleyes: Thats why I ignored you the first time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Yes, This was something that I was planning... It was meant to be a surprise though :rolleyes:
    Your prices already look good to me, but if there was a bit of a discount I feel sure I couldn't resist it :D. Any shaving bowls likely to come back into stock soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

It's hard to say but the product that I remember and stood out most when I got it was the Floid Aftershave. Its just such a sturdy classic looking bottle and captured the essence of what in my mind an old Italian barber shop would smell like.

Yes, the bottle looks fantastic on the shaving stand - a combination of the shape, writing, and of course the wonderful bakelite-like cap. I have to admit that it took me a couple of days to warm to the scent, but now I adore it. Hopefully you won't find it that hard to source, and that you'll have it in stock for many years to come.

Yes, This was something that I was planning... It was meant to be a surprise though :rolleyes: Thats why I ignored you the first time :)

That's good, I wouldn't want to claim credit for the inspiration. But regardless of the source, I am waiting with anticipation - all the products on the site are saliva generating for us helpless DE shaving addicts. I'll have to clear out my den to make room for your den clear-out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got a Merkur HD & TOBS soap for Xmas, will be on the lookout for some accessories. Definitely in need of a good aftershave balm or cream.

Any idea when the sale will kick off?

@ shaving.ie Any idea when you might have floid back in stock, would love to try it, which is better the standard or the blue?

zAbbo wrote: »
    Got a Merkur HD & TOBS soap for Xmas, will be on the lookout for some accessories. Definitely in need of a good aftershave balm or cream.

Any idea when the sale will kick off?

Midnight :)
    Coupon: boards2010

foinse wrote: »
    @ shaving.ie Any idea when you might have floid back in stock, would love to try it, which is better the standard or the blue?
    Its hard to say, I think I prefer the blue as it just suits me better. I think I will have to put some aftershave sample kits together. It looks like it will be back in mid Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Can someone recommend an aftershave which is in stock?

zAbbo wrote: »
    Can someone recommend an aftershave which is in stock?

TOBS sandalwood is nice, very old style smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Proraso splash is brisk, not too posh, but sometimes brisk suits. The Character of it is in keeping with the rest of the Proraso range.

Floïd, if you can wait for it to come back into stock.

Advertisement