Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Cut Balbriggan

Options
  • 30-08-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Power went off ten mins ago,no electricity,no phone coverage even.

How badly are all areas affected? As far as I can see its from Dunnes to Wavin side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

That was very strange! Just came back on now..

It was such an eerie feeling!! Doesn't help that I was in the middle of watching the Grudge :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

No electricity really is ****e, what are you supposed to do????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

haha wouldn't fancy watching the grudge with that happening!

B/f in middle of pouring cup of tea could have been dangerous!

I've never experience mobile phone outage at same time as electricity going though,that would panic me if was in house alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

alien invasion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Very strange - here in Swords our lights dimmed at around the time yours came back on :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

Back on Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

I saw a UFO last night in fact. About half 1 in the morning out over the sea a big orange flash like thing, was like something was on fire. Moved across the sky for a good distance and just faded out.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Fault on 38kV line between Swords and Balbriggan. People in Swords would have experienced a dip in power for a second. All back to normal now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

We got the dip in power out in Lusk as well.

Lusk is also connected to the 110kV stn in Swords via the 20kV network. Loughshinny,Skerries, Rush etc would all have noticed the dip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

It went off again at about 2am this morning too. Took a good 10-15 mins before it came back on. At least I know the emergency lights in the block work!;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw a UFO last night in fact. About half 1 in the morning out over the sea a big orange flash like thing, was like something was on fire. Moved across the sky for a good distance and just faded out.

Probably just the sun teasing us because it's been so long since we've seen it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Any reason givin for the cut? Why did the phone signals go aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 darren1978

sounds like this this was space debris or a meteor, probably a meteor...i've seen something similar a couple of times in the last year or so, more common than you'd think...just hope nothing comes along of any significant size or we'd have a proper blackout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Any reason givin for the cut? Why did the phone signals go aswell?

Mobile phone signals went because the relay stations need power. If you have a landline that didn't depend on electricity to work you would have been able to use that. We have a spare in our house exactly for that purpose! ;)

How many people reaalise thst we are using electricity generated from nuclear power plants ??
    We have none in Ireland but have an Inter-Connector to Scotland and will soon have one coming into the North Beach in Rush going to a 400kV station in Batterstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

To be honest, I don't think it matters but it does show the hypocrisy in that you can't even discuss nuclear power even though we're going to be importing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sparky84 wrote: »
    How many people reaalise thst we are using electricity generated from nuclear power plants ??
    We have none in Ireland but have an Inter-Connector to Scotland and will soon have one coming into the North Beach in Rush going to a 400kV station in Batterstown.

I hope you all fry. :D

Advertisement