Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a Fringe!

• 30-08-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Am I mad?!?

For years I have wanted one, but have always been a bit chicken :rolleyes: But I am booked in tomorrow morning to finally get it done!

I have an oval face but I have a slight cow's lick so when I go out at night that just frizzes up no matter what I do with it so I am hoping that this might be a solution! All my photos of when I am out, my hair never looks good...

Anyways, I am looking for tips and ideas on the up keep on a fringe. Since my hair kinda goes frizzy if not straightened, I don't want to dry and damage the fringe with the constant upkeep so how do you all keep the fringe straight and healthy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

I love my fringe! It gives me amazing cheekbones! I have naturally straight hair but I have two calves licks on both side of my head and a widows peak (thanks mum!). I usually keep it cut just below my eyebrows and I like to have a bounce in it. I get my hair cut every 6-8 weeks so it gets trimmed quite regularly. Alot of hair salons will offer a free trim between cuts so ask if they provide that service as its quite handy! DONT trim it yourself! I did it once -Bad idea! Apart from all that they are so easy to maintain but my take a little while to get used to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Get a long fringe to begin with. If you think it doesn't suit you it will be easy to wear it to the side. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I have naturally wavy hair, but I had a full fringe for years, I never needed to straighten it, but maybe cos i had had it for so long, a while ago i got a side fringe and for a few months it needed to be straightened daily, but not anymore, its usually straight enough for my standards :D that being said, sometimes the ends can stick out a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭rachel_123

please watch out with the cows lick. my friend got one and she had a cows lick and the fringe just stuck upin mid air if her hair ever got wet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I have a widow's peak too, so that combined with a cow's lick is driving me mad!

KatCookie, I'm hoping that the fringe I get will end up like that, I would hate to have to straighten it everyday.. I really don't want to damage my hair anymore than I have to!!

Michellneman, I plan on asking for a long fringe, I'd say it would suit me best anyways plus with the added benefit of clipping it to the side on bad hair days!

• Advertisement

OK got the fringe and I LOVE it :D:D

Girls, I need all your tips on day to day upkeep! I know that when I wake up tomorrow morn that it will be allover the place! How do you keep it looking nice every day?

And for when I wash it, any tips on drying or styling etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I just got a fringe last friday in years since last fringe job was bad.
    I think the hairdresser nowaday have improved their technique.
    Love it. been playing with all weekend.
    Why didnt get i get it earlier??
    Anyway i have combination skin, i get dry/oily forehead now and then.

So how do i prevent my fringe licking up the oil on my forehead and hece making it greasy looking. lol
    It always happen indoors, never notice it outdoor. i think it to with central heating me think??
    What can i use to dry out the oily outbreaks?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I use a hairdryer to tame mine, even when it's not wet it helps to get it back in the right place.

I only use a hairdryer on it when I dry it too. I straighten the rest of my hair but the fringe seems to look a bit odd straightened.

aidom wrote: »
    I use a hairdryer to tame mine, even when it's not wet it helps to get it back in the right place.

I only use a hairdryer on it when I dry it too. I straighten the rest of my hair but the fringe seems to look a bit odd straightened.

Well washed it today and its fine :D I managed drying the fringe perfectly and the cow's lick and the parting are all starting to co-operation which is great! I though I would have difficulties for a while with it and now there is no need for a straightener! I am delighted I got the fringe in the end! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Well im glad that you are happy with it!

My friends hairdresser cut her's far too short! it was about an inch long! (what was the hairdresser thinking?) she had to wear a hairband everyday for about 3 months. moral of the story: always specify the length you want it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement