Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vetax VCI 100 Vista Problem

• 30-08-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Right so, got my Vestax now, but no sound card yet for a few days. Put the USB into my pc and it got drivers for it it seemed and the lights on the controller began working, but when I try and use it with Traktor or Virtual DJ its not recognised? Any ideas? Im using vista SP 2 btw.

Is there anyway to check that vista is recognising it as a MIDI controller and not something else?

Any help welcome thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Right so, got my Vestax now, but no sound card yet for a few days. Put the USB into my pc and it got drivers for it it seemed and the lights on the controller began working, but when I try and use it with Traktor or Virtual DJ its not recognised? Any ideas? Im using vista SP 2 btw.

Is there anyway to check that vista is recognising it as a MIDI controller and not something else?

Any help welcome thanks.
    Is is the black or silver VCI100? I had a little bit of trouble setting up my black one - like what you're talking about Traktor wouldn't recognise it. I'm in work so I can't find exactly where, but I needed to change a setting in Traktor for it to be picked up correctly. It's probably around the Midi area, you select the mapping file for it to use and there's another setting on this page if memory serves me right. I'm in work so don't have Traktor in front of me - but trick around with the Midi settings and you should find what I'm talking about. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

joker77 wrote: »
    Is is the black or silver VCI100? I had a little bit of trouble setting up my black one - like what you're talking about Traktor wouldn't recognise it. I'm in work so I can't find exactly where, but I needed to change a setting in Traktor for it to be picked up correctly. It's probably around the Midi area, you select the mapping file for it to use and there's another setting on this page if memory serves me right. I'm in work so don't have Traktor in front of me - but trick around with the Midi settings and you should find what I'm talking about. Best of luck

Well ive got it working finally after a good few hours last night fiddling around and getting help online. Its the silver Vestax VCI 100.
    Do you know where you can get mappings for the vestax for traktor? I have the basic one, but would like one that has the insant killswitch buttons mapped. Also, which Traktor do you recommend? As the one I have has only like 4 effects and id like new and a fair few more effects for Traktor, like the way in Virtual DJ they have loads of effects.

Check out this site - djtechtools.com - has loads of goodies for Traktor / Vestax users

Well ive gone to Traktor Pro, everything working fine, but I cant get the scratching to work like it does on Traktor 3 and VDJ. I have scratch control selected, and the vestax is mapped and all that, but it still says "scratch disabled" beside the onscreen pitch control. Any ideas how to get this right?

Sorry mate - not a clue. There's a 'Vinyl Mode' button on my Vestax VCI100 - but it's the black one. Are there any forums on that djtechtools site you could try?

• Advertisement

Alright, back to the old problem again, Right so, have a new laptop, and am trying to get this working now, the Vestax VCI 100 with Traktor pro. I plugged in the vestax into the laptop via usb a few days ago and it got the drivers and the lights came on IIRC. But about a week later when I tried it again, due to being busy, the vestax wont work i.e. the lights wont come on.
    It doesn't seem to have the drivers installed now. It works on the desktop though fine. Im using vista SP2 btw. How do I check if the drivers installed and if there still there? Any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sound like my Total Control. It wont light until the software sends the command to. I often just follow these steps:
    Connect - Windows Sound
    Boot Software
    Go to preferences and activate the TC, its often not automatically turned on.

I only have Traktor LE so I'm not sure how it works within traktor, but many other apps that I've used have the same basic control panel. All you gotta do is click the checkbox.

This is a very simple little thing, its probably not where you;re having trouble, but just in case:)

Sound like my Total Control. It wont light until the software sends the command to. I often just follow these steps:
    Connect - Windows Sound
    Boot Software
    Go to preferences and activate the TC, its often not automatically turned on.

I only have Traktor LE so I'm not sure how it works within traktor, but many other apps that I've used have the same basic control panel. All you gotta do is click the checkbox.

This is a very simple little thing, its probably not where you;re having trouble, but just in case:)
    What do you mean "connect - windows sound"?
    And whats "TC"? Whats that to activate?

I conected it again there fiddling around with it, and I got the USB device not recognized window...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Well ive gone to Traktor Pro, everything working fine, but I cant get the scratching to work like it does on Traktor 3 and VDJ. I have scratch control selected, and the vestax is mapped and all that, but it still says "scratch disabled" beside the onscreen pitch control. Any ideas how to get this right?

Isn't there two versions of Traktor Pro now? Pro and Scratch Pro. Possible you can only scratch if you have Scratch Pro.

What do you mean "connect - windows sound"?
    And whats "TC"? Whats that to activate?

I conected it again there fiddling around with it, and I got the USB device not recognized window...

Connect - Then windows will play a sound file if it recognises that a USB Device has connected. If it doesnt, then check the Device Manager and look for an Unidentified Device.

If the laptop isnt supplying enough power via the USB bus then that could be the cause, unless of course the controller takes an external DC source.

By TC I meant Total Control, my controller:)

• Advertisement

Connect - Then windows will play a sound file if it recognises that a USB Device has connected. If it doesnt, then check the Device Manager and look for an Unidentified Device.

If the laptop isnt supplying enough power via the USB bus then that could be the cause, unless of course the controller takes an external DC source.

By TC I meant Total Control, my controller:)

What exactly do I do to check for unidentified device?

Also, how do I check to see if its supplying enough power via usb? Its usb powered yeah.

Open the start menu and type "Device" into the run box. On the list will be Device Manager, click that. Devices with issues are listed with an exclamation mark.

Do you have rear and side/front ports? Try it in each one and see how it goes. Do this when its set to full performance mode(should be like that when plugged in).

Have done all that yeah, and no luck. Its not listed in device manager also.
    A few minutes ago the lights came on, that it would normally if it was installed properly, but it didnt get any drivers, and I turned off the vestax and turned back on again and same problem...

Anyone have any clue?

Whenever I plug in the Vestax VCI 100 into the usb port now and turn it on, it now says "USB device not recognised". I guess this means vista is now slightly recognising it, but how do I get it to get the drivers and mainly get the thing to work, as It works fine on my desktop, so the Vestax is not broken. Is there something I need to do i.e. delete drivers, files etc?

If its Vista on both machines, then chances are it isnt supplying enough power to the controller.

Try this:

DSC_8744.jpg

Im thinking that may the problem yeah, where did you get that adapter? How much was it too.

EDIT: It shouldnt be the problem though as a few days ago for some reason the thing worked when I connected it to the laptop, like the lights all came like it would if it was working normally. Ill try a system restore maybe a driver is fecking it up or something.

Im thinking that may the problem yeah, where did you get that adapter? How much was it too.

EDIT: It shouldnt be the problem though as a few days ago for some reason the thing worked when I connected it to the laptop, like the lights all came like it would if it was working normally. Ill try a system restore maybe a driver is fecking it up or something.

Yeah, thats a good point.

Laptops often have power management systems, if you look around the settings you might be able to set the ports to always allow as much voltage as requested by device.

Did you install the driver or let vista do it for you?

Well I contacted Dell and they said that laptops dont have the same power outage as desktops and that was probably the problem. So where did you get that ac adapter lethal bullet?

Well I contacted Dell and they said that laptops dont have the same power outage as desktops and that was probably the problem. So where did you get that ac adapter lethal bullet?

Didnt, thats just an image I got off google. Any DC transformer with the right output and conector will do fine.

You need:
    IN 220-240V AC
    OUT 9V 0.6A DC

and whatever connector fits the slot on the back. Try thomann for the vestax one, if they dont have one, try Maplins or the like for a generic.

Advertisement