Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer glasses to buy?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I was wondering if anyone would know where to buy nice beer/pint glasses in this town? Any advice appreciated. (and no, I do not want to 'collect' them from pubs...) :pac:

Comments

Tesco, Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Tesco, Dunnes?

erm, yes. possibly. I'll check, anyway :D although I'm not looking for plain old pint glasses, but something a bit nicer. Like a proper Weißbierglas, if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I looked at the title of this thread and immediately thought, this guy is looking to buy beer goggles.......someone needs to tell him what beer goggles are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmcg90 wrote: »
    For special ones try the Bierhaus

The Bierhaus sell glasses? I never knew that. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kippy wrote: »
    I looked at the title of this thread and immediately thought, this guy is looking to buy beer goggles.......
    Was going to say Specsavers... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The Bierhaus sell glasses? I never knew that. Thanks!

I don't know, im just guessing! Seriously though, try... and if not rob them... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

in the next few weeks i'm assuming harvest will have a promotion with free glasses as oktoberfest is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Herself got 6 unmarked stack glasses from Tesco, don't know the price

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

londis in salthill have free heineken glasses at the moment.

• Advertisement

thanks for all the replies, the OH has found Tesco to be the shop of choice and has replenished our glass supplies.
    Mods, you can now close this, I guess :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Anyone else find all those poncy European glasses annoying to hold? Guinness glasses are by far the most ergononmicaly superior shape of glass.

Anyone else find all those poncy European glasses annoying to hold? Guinness glasses are by far the most ergononmicaly superior shape of glass.

Well... no. it all depends on what beer you're drinking. a German wheat beer out of a guinness glass just isn't right. You wouldn't drink guinness out of a, say, quack glass, either, would you. :confused:

but that question is totally beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Go into a pub and ask for them..Seriously most pubs get cases of glasses for foreign beers and simply have no place to put them as they don't stack like pint glasses. Most are just held in store rooms or thrown out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Maybe "collecting them from pubs would be the cheapest? Ya know they dont actually pay anything for them they get them free from drink companys
    People keep leaving loads of them on the window ledge of our shop every saterday nite:rolleyes:

Advertisement