Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Not Working

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi boards..eh, well my internet is not working. It's out of the blue really. I did get an error before i restarted my computer and the internet was gone then. The internet icon down the bottom right is still flashing as normal as though it would if the internet was working and the computers on the other the same network still have operable internet. The error was, ctfmon.exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\IME\sptip.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
    I've already googled the error and it doesn't explain anything about losing network. If anybody has any ideas on how to eliminate what some of the causes could be help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard, translation, and other alternative user input technologies.

What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sean-nirvana

waynewex wrote: »
    What browser are you using?

Thanks for the reply, I have mozilla and ie installed on the pc and neither of them work. I don't think it's anything to do with the browser, when i try and sign into msn it doesn't work either. Giving me a DNS and Key Ports error

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

I presume you are on Windows XP

Try This:

Go To Start>Run type sfc/scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

You will need your Windows disc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

In Microsoft Windows, you can use the command ipconfig /flushdns to flush the DNS resolver cache:

Advertisement