Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fightstick compatibility questions:

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, buying my SE when I had the EX2 I was doing it with the full intention of modding as soon as anything started to go (which happened within 2 months I think, slight grinding on the stick that I didn't like).

Honestly Cunny if you can get the TE for 100 I'd definitely heavily consider it.

You're paying 56 for the SE, plus shipping (10-15 euro?) plus 12-16 euro for new Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons, and then 20 quid for a new stick.

Even at the most conservative estimates you're only saving two euro rather than buying the TE which are wonderful out of the box.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    **** I remember you saying your buttons died but the actual stick itself? Balls I always assumed the stick part was decent and people only generally modded the buttons on those things.

How much would it all come to for decent replacement buttons and stick out of interest?

There's a couple of known issues with the SE stick. That said it worked for a while.

I think kiki sorted me out for about 30 euro buttons,ball, stick and all.

Kiki did the swap for the stick for me but I was suprised how simple the whole thing was. Took him about 5 minutes.

Looking at that adverts thread it looks like the guy's been banned anyway though? Plus it's pick up from Waterford which would add to your expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

**** I remember you saying your buttons died but the actual stick itself? Balls I always assumed the stick part was decent and people only generally modded the buttons on those things.

How much would it all come to for decent replacement buttons and stick out of interest?

I normally order from arcadeshop.de

New stick would be E21.95.

Then you'll need 6/8 buttons at E2.20 each.

And with shipping that comes to E52.64

If your looking to dual mod it so it'll work on the PS3 and Xbox, buy from http://www.gamingnow.net
    About $56 for the same buttons and joystick. Then another $40 for the cthulu and imp boards to dual mod it.

Personally i'd go for the TE, i've bought both and much prefer playing on the TE, its ready for use out of the box and it doesn't move as much if you have it on a table. Amazon will ship one for about E140 which is worth it compared to the SE + parts.

Unless (as this is his first stick) he decides he wants Seimitsu parts, not Sanwa, in which case he saves a lot by getting the SE, waiting and trying out other sticks at the casuals, and then buying the parts.

As he said he may not even decide to go with stick after all and go back to pad, in which case the SE also saved him a fair bit of cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Really appreciate the input lads!

God damn it, decisions decisions... I'll have to think on this, remember the size of the TE puts me off a little but... circumventing all that messy modding and so on is a plus... hmmmm

Is it possible to buy pre modded sticks btw? Like an already duel modded SE for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is it possible to buy pre modded sticks btw? Like an already duel modded SE for example?

If you bought one secondhand. Is piss easy to mod though.

That reminds me, anyone interested in buying a modded se? Only thing is, its missing the main pcb and usb cable :pac:

Ah right just wondering if there was a site that already sold them modded, I didn't get the impression duel modding was that easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ah right just wondering if there was a site that already sold them modded, I didn't get the impression duel modding was that easy.

Oh dual modding isnt easy, I thought you just meant the buttons and stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

bush wrote: »
    That reminds me, anyone interested in buying a modded se? Only thing is, its missing the main pcb and usb cable :pac:

I'd be interested bush! What is it exactly, just the case? I'll definitelty buy it if so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'm pretty worried about buying my TE for use with the PC also. I'm afraid Round 2 fightsticks won't work at all can anyone confirm or deny this? KenB had one at the recent Lanparty thing and it was lovely but I dunno if he tried using it with PC.

Ry

Ry wrote: »
    I'm pretty worried about buying my TE for use with the PC also. I'm afraid Round 2 fightsticks won't work at all can anyone confirm or deny this? KenB had one at the recent Lanparty thing and it was lovely but I dunno if he tried using it with PC.

Ry

There was an issue with AMD chipsets, but otherwise it will surely work with the required drivers (easy to find on shoryuken)

Well the PS3 SE is ordered, and with packaging and VAT and all that shlte it came to 70 euro :(. Looking at it for 91 euro on play.com makes me feel a little better though :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well the PS3 SE is ordered, and with packaging and VAT and all that shlte it came to 70 euro :(. Looking at it for 91 euro on play.com makes me feel a little better though :P

You prob made the right choice.

Talk to Kiki NOW about modding it. Trust me.

Gonna concentrate on getting used to using it 1st but modding is on my mind. I still really would love it to be dual modded.

I just thought of something random: I ordered ps2-360 converters. If there was a ps3-ps2/1 converter, I assume I could just plug the stick into those 2 and then have it working on the 360 no messy pcb stuff eh?

There doesn't seem to be any USB -> ps2 converters though :(

Btw would it be easier to mod it to work with ps2s instead of 360's and then just use my converter? Or is that just as hard.

I'd imagine there'd be significant input lag if using 2 convertors at once Cunny.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'd imagine there'd be significant input lag if using 2 convertors at once Cunny.

Agree with that. I just bought myself a madcatz SE from bush! It has no pcb but there's a project that I've been meaning to get around to for a while and can finally do it now. I have a ps2 pcb ready to be inserted and I'm ordering ps2-360 and ps2-ps3 converters. So hopefully by the end of the month I'll have a "dual-modded" SE which also works on ps2/ps1! All for around 70-80 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gonna concentrate on getting used to using it 1st but modding is on my mind. I still really would love it to be dual modded.

I just thought of something random: I ordered ps2-360 converters. If there was a ps3-ps2/1 converter, I assume I could just plug the stick into those 2 and then have it working on the 360 no messy pcb stuff eh?

There doesn't seem to be any USB -> ps2 converters though :(

Btw would it be easier to mod it to work with ps2s instead of 360's and then just use my converter? Or is that just as hard.
    No such thing as a USB->PSX converter I'm afraid, only the other way around.
    There ARE PS3->360 converters, but they're sh*te.

I think you're best off with either dual-modding for PS3+PSX or 360+PSX if you want triple-compatibility, and using a PSX->USB converter for the missing plug.
    Or get a Multi-Console Cthulhu board & go crazy :pac:

hmmm well I'll look at all that in time I guess, I ordered my stick there over the weekend, on monday I got an e-mail saying it was shipped, and what do you know? It arrived this morning! (Wednesday) & I head nightmare stories about amazon lol.

Fastest online order ever. I also ordered a 1TB HD and some ps1/2>360 converters and they all were sent out on monday too, be interesting to see when they arrive.

Had a go of the stick there anyways, I think I'll make a new thread for that though. Keep this to modding for dual computability etc etc.

Advertisement