Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Registration Fees

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

why have they increased to 1500eur? Just recieved my Giro Form in the post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

I think its going up again next year, the idea is that a stepped fee increase is less noticeable than one big one:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

There are other threads on this - its not a DIT thing, its the HEA that set those fees. Its gone up in every college.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

I think the idea is generally just to rip off families be they rich or poor. I think fees should be set according to a household income. For example, someone on the dole shouldn't have to pay more than 1000 euro for their son or daughter to go to college every year..and someone who is earning over 50'000 euro per year should only have to pay a nominal capped fee of maybe 1'500-1'750 euro per year. you can't blame the college but it's a disgrace that a load of rich fatcats can just hire fees for students once they hit second year. People put up with way too much. When this fee does go up again there should be mass protests in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 abuckshort

They gave me a second Giro at registration for an additional grand and a half.

I'm pretty much fecked, I already had to take out a credit union loan to pay the first half, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

abuckshort wrote: »
    They gave me a second Giro at registration for an additional grand and a half.

I'm pretty much fecked, I already had to take out a credit union loan to pay the first half, heh.

Additional?

• Advertisement

Additional?

Yeah, I only qualify for 1/2 fee's or something like that? I wasn't really paying attention to what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

abuckshort wrote: »
    Yeah, I only qualify for 1/2 fee's or something like that? I wasn't really paying attention to what he said.

Are you repeating modules or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

When this fee does go up again there should be mass protests in the city centre.

There were 2 mass protests in the city last year, Im sure there will probably be more this year...

BC wrote: »
    Are you repeating modules or something?

Nope. I did a month of a course in DIT about 2 years ago though, then left. I'm guessing it has something to do with that.

Advertisement