Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 threads in galway city forum locked

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

2 threads in the galway city forum about a man getting arrested were locked whilst a similar thread in the politics forum remains open!

i want to know the reasons they were locked

1 of the threads should be re-opened as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I locked the first one and Dub13 the second, and me again one the third one. Frankly, this type of material is better suited in Politics because of the inflammatory nature of the video. It would have ended up with aggro, insults, and tit for tat. This would have meant infractions and bans handed out, hopefully in Politics the discussion will be more constructive.

I left the video because it's in the public domain and people can still see it and discuss it, just not in Galway forum. Hope this makes it clearer why the initial thread was locked, apologies for not explaining better the first time why.

Advertisement