Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone locked

• 30-08-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey folks looking for a dig out. Old nokia n 70. Got it on o2, here we are years later I want to get some photo's off it. But won't accept any other sim than the original, which got potted to vodafone. Can it be rescued?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

If you get one of the free O2 pay as you sims you should be able to turn the phone on, it is only locked to the network and not to the specific sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The n70 has offline / flight mode doesn't it? Just don't put a SIM card into it and load it up. It should prompt you for offline mode and then click yes.

As for unlocking, suggest you contact O2 and request the code. Also have a read of the FAQ at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jethrodublin

jahalpin wrote: »
    If you get one of the free O2 pay as you sims you should be able to turn the phone on, it is only locked to the network and not to the specific sim

yeah dude its the actual sim, it gives you the option at the start to tie the sim and phone together in case it gets robbed.

its not a network unlocking problem, its a security issue. i couldn't see find that i the faq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You would have set a security code when you set the lock up, be default it's 12345 if that doesn't work happy guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There wouldn't be a default code in that case. You'll have to bring to a nokia service centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

yeah dude its the actual sim, it gives you the option at the start to tie the sim and phone together in case it gets robbed.

its not a network unlocking problem, its a security issue. i couldn't see find that i the faq

If you still have the original O2 SIM you should still be able to turn it on but it won't connect to any network. That should be enough to get the photos.

Advertisement