Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Storm Bluetooth?

• 30-08-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I recently got a new blackberry storm(poshie i know) and im having awfull trouble with the bluetooth, it doesnt send or receive properly, has anyone had this problem or is it just mine, anyone have any advice???

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

No-one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

I have a blackberry storm and the bluetooth is fine.
    I did have problems when trying to pair to to a nokia car kit.
    I think the key issue is what you are pairing to and what version of bluetooth it runs. There seems to be several versions of bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

any one have it unlocked and if so how !!! i have one but it locked to vodafone and im meteor and im not switching over

help

I can't help on unlocking.
    Try crackberry.com - someone there may be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

Depp wrote: »
    I recently got a new blackberry storm(poshie i know) and im having awfull trouble with the bluetooth, it doesnt send or receive properly, has anyone had this problem or is it just mine, anyone have any advice???

many thanks

Bberry make great handheld email devices but are only learning to make good phones. Apart from the bold and storm all their phones are on 2G. 10 year old technology.

They do have bluetooth but I have never seen it to work apart from certain devices made specially for them. E.g. Thb devices.

They are getting better. Maybe in a few years they will catch up with the likes of nokia.

jackdoes wrote: »
    They do have bluetooth but I have never seen it to work apart from certain devices made specially for them. E.g. Thb devices.

I will be in Dublin on Thursday/Friday. I can let you see my Blackberry Storm paired with a visor Go R57 car kit and working perfectly.

I have had a look at crackberry and there aren't too many reporting bluetooth problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Depp wrote: »

many thanks

if you're referring to file send and recieve, i've never seen a blackberry do this. my wife has a storm and i can't bluetooth ringtones to her.

akaik, bluetooth on blackberries much like the iphone is for voice calls only, and even then they're fussy about what kits they pair with.

imy wife has a storm and i can't bluetooth ringtones to her.

Is this what you did?

1. Pair the devices.
    2. On the storm, Go to Media and press the BB key (the hard key to the right of the green phone key) and select Explore.
    3. Navigate to the folder you want the file to reside in. 4. Click the BB key again and select "Receive Using Bluetooth".
    5. Initiate the send on the other device.

Thats the suggested way per blackberry forums.

Advertisement