Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything interesting to do?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

I live in galway for most of the year and know what events are on, but I wanna know if there is anything alternative from the everyday usual entertainment. I wanna know if there is anything to do during the day that wouldnt be advertised or something to do at night that isnt just the pubs and clubs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 solas05

I agree Sells
    Galway and the pubs have got so quiet people must be doing something new with their time I wonder what it is ????

all help accepted ................

awaiting your responces ............. with anticipation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

no luck solas 05, geuss the thing to do in galway these days is go on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Galway is blessed with The Promenade in Salthill. Miles of shoreline walking/cycling. Also, Connacht Rugby and Galway United FC play at home every other Friday night.

Other than that, how old are you and are you male or female? It would be easier for people to post here if they knew a little about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Come down and check out Galway Indoor Market. It's on every day on Dominick St where Camelot used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 SUMojoJojo

Well the SU Sessions are coming back and are free gigs held every Tuesday at 7pm in the Canteen at NUI Galway. These gigs are open to everyone (not just students!)and are in the coffee shop section of the canteen so its a bit of a change to the usual pub gig scene. More info at http://www.su.nuigalway.ie/site/view/60/
    or
    www.myspace.com/thesusessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

i'll defo be heading to the su sessions. I'm hoping emmet scanlan will be returning too...
    otherwise...i'd recommend joining a club of somesort...

the galway indoor market???, is that not the one thats outside. I know not of any outdoor market thats on every day! please tell me more galway babe if that is youre real name!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Geocaching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Couldn't bate watchin' paint dry of a warm Tuesday's evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

First Tuesday of every month con tempo do free classical recitals in the city Library, if you're not into classical music, just remember (like soccer), it's better live!!! I usually post this stuff up in the "fifty things to do in Galway for free" on Kotalk.

There are heaps more things to do in Galway for free than in many towns but It's hard to keep track. Keep an eye out for free concerts and events in the museum and the Librarys in Westside and Castle park.

Lunchtime with ConTempo Concert Series Returns in September

Our ConTempo Lunchtime Concert Series will return to the Galway City Library, St. Augustine Street, on Tuesday, 1 September at 1:00 pm. The programme is: Haydn Op 20 No 4 - the second to last completed work from Haydn's 'Sun Quartets'. Also, feel free to browse the Galway City Library's very good collection of books and CDs relating to classical music. All are welcome. No bookings required - but do come early since this year the concerts have been quite full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

sells wrote: »
    the galway indoor market???, is that not the one thats outside. I know not of any outdoor market thats on every day! please tell me more galway babe if that is youre real name!!

Yes. Galway Babe is a man. His real name is Galway Babe, as you suspected. He is one of the famous Babes family from Renmore. His sister's name is Cork Babe but that's a long story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Come down and check out Galway Indoor Market. It's on every day on Dominick St where Camelot used to be.

went in there last week and there was one table with a bit of jewellery on it and that was it! very poor, thought there would be alot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Greaney wrote: »
    There are heaps more things to do in Galway for free than in many towns but It's hard to keep track. Keep an eye out for free concerts and events in the museum and the Librarys in Westside and Castle park.

Keep an eye on the notice board in St Nicholas church (the one beside the outdoor weekend market) - lots of free concerts advertised there.

I'm sure we had a thread like this a few months ago, there are heaps and heaps and heaps of things to do ...

went in there last week and there was one table with a bit of jewellery on it and that was it! very poor, thought there would be alot more.

Was there on Saturday: lots of traders, and one stall with particularly yummy home baking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

JustMary wrote: »
    Was there on Saturday: lots of traders, and one stall with particularly yummy home baking.

well it was a weekday and mid afternoon so i guess it would probably be better at the weekend, but why would you go there on a saturday when the real outdoor market is on! :D

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Yes. Galway Babe is a man. His real name is Galway Babe, as you suspected. He is one of the famous Babes family from Renmore. His sister's name is Cork Babe but that's a long story.

[attempts deep voice] Ahem, yes indeed

It's down on Dominick street where Le Graal (Camelot) used to be. It is on 7 days a week. Just started so the word is only getting out from both the traders and the punters point of view. The more the merrier. Smashing Italian cafe in the back as well.

can you draw up map cordinates galway babe, if that is your real name!!! you seem to be advertising it also, you would be involved in the market I conclude. would you so be?

can you draw up map cordinates galway babe, if that is your real name!!! you seem to be advertising it also, you would be involved in the market I conclude. would you so be?

What's this "if that is your real name" business about?
    I wouldn't have a clue how to draw up map co-ordinates. It's on the street that runs between the cop shop and Monroes tavern if that is any help to you.
    You seem to be asking a lot of questions that have absolutely no relevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Come dancing:) A great way to keep fit, meet new people, learn to dance and it's something different...

galwaybabe wrote: »
    What's this "if that is your real name" business about?
    I wouldn't have a clue how to draw up map co-ordinates. It's on the street that runs between the cop shop and Monroes tavern if that is any help to you.
    You seem to be asking a lot of questions that have absolutely no relevance.
    ok, this real name business is just playfull banter, a map with a red line for where the market is would be just fine and my questions do have a relevance, if that is a real word, which it is.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 solas05

what is the best place to meet people ????

just i find pubs the ones in Quaystreet have changed

any better sugestions??????????????:cool:

better pubs nicer people???

Mark Twain

ok, this real name business is just playfull banter, a map with a red line for where the market is would be just fine and my questions do have a relevance, if that is a real word, which it is.:rolleyes:

Sheeesh, some people.

No, I will not change my tasteful yellow-shaded $ sign (see post above) for a red line!

'Tis bad enough that I've had to spend hours fiddling with graphics programs to make Google map labels that look like these:

A.jpg
    Aster%20-%20red.jpg
    GMIT.jpg

Does anyone know how to lobby Google Maps for some better labels? I'm sure it's in the help somewhere, but have got other issues to solve from it for now ...

Just mary,I was replying to the post above you from galway babe. So all I can say now is
    Sheeesh, some people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Just mary,I was replying to the post above you from galway babe. So all I can say now is
    Sheeesh, some people!!!

Sheesh would be an appropriate move alright. Great map, Mary.

Advertisement