Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM didn't dispense the correct amount.

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Maybe somebody here can help me. I'm in Canada at the moment. On Friday I tried to withdraw $260 from an atm. However, the machine only dispensed $140. The slip that was printed said "amount requested: $260, amount debited: $140".

When I tried to withdraw a second time it just printed a slip saying "unable to dispense". I was away for the weekend and unable to pursue the issue. However, I just checked my balance online and it turns out that $400 was withdrawn from my account, even though the machine only dispensed a total of $140. Has this ever happened to anyone before? If so what happened? Where you reimbursed?

I contacted the cs department of the company and they mentioned something about complaint files etc. I'm just worried that because my account is Irish there might be some delays? Hope this is in the right place. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's happened me in Ireland before where I took out money (the same amount twice) but only the second time I received the money and both times I was charged.

I had to go into the bank and fill out some forms regarding the problem and after that they have to check the ATM balance of cash to see if there is a deficit/surplus against what the computer says and I got my a/c rectified after a week.

With you being out of the country it wouldn't help matters but from my experience, it's the bank which you took the money from that would be your first port of call, after that contact your Irish bank if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Happened me here where an ATM shut down mid transaction and returned my card, no money, but still debited my account. Went to my own bank, who told me to go to the bank who's ATM it was. Which was bull, as when I went to them they told me I had to talk to my own bank, since only they could confirm that the funds had left my account, which makes sense.
    Went back to my own bank, filled in some forms, got refunded a few weeks later. So I'd say your starting point should be your own bank here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Trampas

Happened to me in Phi Phi last year and like said already. Get on to your bank. Fill in a few forms and the money got refunded after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Got on to their customer service department again. Had to give them my details and apparently they have to do some sort of investigation. The guy I spoke to said it should take about a week for the funds to be returned to my account but I won't hold my breath. Pretty annoying as I'm going home soon and was kind of relying on the money. Thanks for the replies guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement