Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is he ready to be fixed

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

My cat Tillys 4 and a half months old, male. Latley hes been v agressive- biting and scratching. Now he has started to pee all over the house. hes never done this before.

Today he was out in the garden and another male cat came up to him, Tilly snarled at him then he ran inside and peed just inside the door. This is the 3rd time this week hes peed outside the litter box. Is he marking his territory? Hes booked to be fixed in mid october but i cant wait that long hes peeing everywhere and hes already tried to pee on my bed.

Is he ready to be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Sounds like he is marking his territory all right in that case you outlined. But if he is being aggressive and peeing everywhere I doubt this is just because he is not neutered. It may be stress? Is he being bullied by the other bigger cats in your neighbourhood?

What is your litter tray scenario? Is it always clean and kept in a quiet area?

When he bites and scratches, is it when you are playing with him, or does he just come up to you and scratch?

From the little bit of info in your post, I suspect he is feeling threatened by that other cat. If you can figure out a way of keeping that cat out of the garden then it might help him to relax.

Personally, I wouldn't wait to get him neutered anyway. I got my fella neutered at that age because he and his sister were getting a bit too cosy for my liking! He recovered perfectly fine and I didn't notice any change in his personality after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

MsFifers wrote: »
    Sounds like he is marking his territory all right in that case you outlined. But if he is being aggressive and peeing everywhere I doubt this is just because he is not neutered. It may be stress? Is he being bullied by the other bigger cats in your neighbourhood?

What is your litter tray scenario? Is it always clean and kept in a quiet area?

When he bites and scratches, is it when you are playing with him, or does he just come up to you and scratch?

From the little bit of info in your post, I suspect he is feeling threatened by that other cat. If you can figure out a way of keeping that cat out of the garden then it might help him to relax.

Personally, I wouldn't wait to get him neutered anyway. I got my fella neutered at that age because he and his sister were getting a bit too cosy for my liking! He recovered perfectly fine and I didn't notice any change in his personality after.

i brought him to my vet today- he is going to fix him on wednesday- he checked him out and said he was ready.

the agressiveness is out of nowhere- earlier i came out of the loo and he jumped at me and bit my ankle- hes never done this before, i cant keep the other cat out of the garden, had an argument with the cats owner about it already

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Well hopefully when the hormones leave his system he'll be a bit more laid back, and won't be as disrupted by the neighbour's cat. Is your neighbour's cat neutered? If he was done too they might even end up as buddies! :D

MsFifers wrote: »
    Well hopefully when the hormones leave his system he'll be a bit more laid back, and won't be as disrupted by the neighbour's cat. Is your neighbour's cat neutered? If he was done too they might even end up as buddies! :D

ive no idea if hes fixed. well hopefully moving soon so may not be an issue anymore

he fixed now- home and happy

• Advertisement
Advertisement