Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open gas fire conversation

Options
  • 31-08-2009 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a gas fire place in my sitting room and and am contemplating converting it to a conventional fire to burn logs and turf etc.
    The chimney and flue are grand and shutting off the gas safely isn't an issue.

But the current lining on the fire place is black and kind of spongy, I'm assuming that it radiates heat but it won't be any good for an open fire and I'll have to remove it.

So my question is where would I be able to buy an open fire insert/sleeve suitable.

Any advise would be most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

The black one in the fireplace is not suitable for an open fire, they look good and work with gas fires.

Most builders providers even hardware stores sell the clay fire backs should be easy enough to source.

Advertisement