Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge on the Blink!

Options
  • 31-08-2009 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Our fridge decided throw a wobbly over the weekend. I think its the thermostat. Any idea how easy/difficult it is to replace?
    Also, I have no idea what model fridge we got in Charlesland Court, the manual has gone missing. Anyone know!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Mullie wrote: »
    Our fridge decided throw a wobbly over the weekend. I think its the thermostat. Any idea how easy/difficult it is to replace?
    Also, I have no idea what model fridge we got in Charlesland Court, the manual has gone missing. Anyone know!?

Look inside the door, there should be serial numbers and a name - then google them.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

In case anyone else has a thermostat problem with their fridge...

Response from an electrical company in UK - 'That is an old Westinghouse model and essentially obsolete but if the fridge is a "larder" type (no internal icebox) the VT9/K59 should be fine.'

What I find odd is that I couldn't find a mention of the manufacturer, 'Westinghouse', either on the fridge or in the manual! It just mentions the model number: ST9140/ST9120

Anyway, problem almost solved....now to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sandeman

I am also on the Court, and fridge is gone. Even using the information on this thread it is incredibly difficult to find anything or anyone to sell/replace/fit a new one. I've had no luck, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Wondering if anyone has been able to buy and replace the fridge, and if so could you be so kind to share how, on this thread or via PM?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

remove kitchen panel door from front of fridge

Remove fridge from kitchen carcassing...very easy...about 6 screws

purchase new fridge from DID Bray...give old fridge to delivery man

install new fridge...use 5 of the six screws to fix back in.

fix old panel door back on....

put spare screw in toolbox.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

remove kitchen panel door from front of fridge

Remove fridge from kitchen carcassing...very easy...about 6 screws

purchase new fridge from DID Bray...give old fridge to delivery man

install new fridge...use 5 of the six screws to fix back in.

fix old panel door back on....

put spare screw in toolbox.

OR

Call Astro to do all of the above and then tell us all about it when he buys us a beer in the new pub :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

jeez...This pint thing is going to stick, isn't it!?

Mullie...I am not going to fix your fridge issue nor bet on sorting it for you!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Only messing Astro :D

Good luck with the fridge Mullie

Advertisement