Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Traditional Irish? 5-string.

Options
  • 31-08-2009 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Hey, Is this forum just for Trad Irish or does Bluegrass and the like get a look in?

Any 5-string players up on here? Anyone listening to americian folk and the like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Tenor banjo player myself, but thinking about getting a 5 string too.

I’ve been listening to a lot of bluegrass lately, Especially Ralph Stanley.

Had a look at all the music genres in the music section on boards, but country music of any sort doesn’t seem to get a look in:confused:.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Loving Ralph Stanley singing man of constant sorrow, also been checking Roscoe Holclcomb as well as the Roan Mountain Hilltoppers. The older and crustier the better. :)

Yeah, I switched over from the guitar recently and have become obsessed by the banjo. Trying to get the hang of the clawhammer thing, some Irish tunes do seem to work on it though, songs especially.

Surprised there isn't a country music forum. Especially since country and rock a billy are so trendy these days. Maybe it's real alternative music...

Check out Bill Whealan's session Saturday in the Cobblestone and Tuesdays in McNeills on Caple street if you are in Dublin. There's some serious 5-string playing going on there.

Advertisement