Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In support of Chi Cheng

• 31-08-2009 9:42am

In support of DEFTONES bassist Chi Cheng, who has been in a coma since a severe car crash in late 2008, and his family, MACHINE HEAD's Dave McClain and members of METALLICA, KORN, SLIPKNOT, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SEVENDUST, HATEBREED and more have all collaborated on a song to raise money to help pay for medical expenses.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

And I'll gladly contribute. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Id support if I wasnt broke.

Im listening to Headup as Im typing this :)

SOULFLY!FLYHIGH!

I wasnt looking for anyone to donate, was just sharing the news:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

The free download link wont work for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Killer bass player, tragic story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ive already chipped in 20 bucks to help cover the bills. Its not much but they have raised some amount already. Just hoping he gets better soon, life without deftones is a sucky life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I think they have a guy who stood in for him before playing bass. It must be a weird situation for the band, as on the one hand, they are in limbo, as the bass player is in a coma. Nobody can tell if he will get better or not.
    Should they play gigs in the meantime? I think they should....
    It's sad all the same. He's been in a coma since last November (or am I wrong). Hopefully he'll pull through...

As for having to raise money to help mend someone, well that's another story on the health care system...

granted you'll get d1ckheads who will download the song for free rather than pay for it...

BarryCreed wrote: »
    I think they have a guy who stood in for him before playing bass. It must be a weird situation for the band, as on the one hand, they are in limbo, as the bass player is in a coma. Nobody can tell if he will get better or not.
    Should they play gigs in the meantime? I think they should....
    It's sad all the same. He's been in a coma since last November (or am I wrong). Hopefully he'll pull through...

As for having to raise money to help mend someone, well that's another story on the health care system...

granted you'll get d1ckheads who will download the song for free rather than pay for it...
    Yeah and lets not forget the album that was originally slated for a December release. Now they are on about writing new songs and stuff cause what they have now doesnt represent them as a band, Sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

BarryCreed wrote: »

Well the song is free to download anyway, I don't actually think there is an option to pay for it. I think they just wanted to make a song for Chi because they care about him and wanted to use it to raise awareness of his situation and leave it up to people to decide if they want to donate or not.

• Advertisement

Numina wrote: »
    Well the song is free to download anyway, I don't actually think there is an option to pay for it. I think they just wanted to make a song for Chi because they care about him and wanted to use it to raise awareness of his situation and leave it up to people to decide if they want to donate or not.
    Yeah besides, after giving the song a listen im pretty disappointed with it. Just seems like 6 or seven random sections thrown together. Its cool that all those musicians would all get together for chi but if they made one fluid song i bet they would make a hell of a lot more bank for chi. I dunno about you but i wouldn't download that and im a MASSIVE deftones fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Patricide wrote: »
    life without deftones is a sucky life.
    I just saw them live last week. They haven't stopped yet.

Yeah i know, its just the thought that they actually might, however slim the chances. I dont know about anyone else but the last 3 albums have been there best imo. Sure its different and a lot more laid back than there nu metal origins but those albums seriously KICK ASS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

The song is crap to be honest and i have been a massive fan since 95. Some of the best gigs ever has been seeing Deftones esp their two nite stint in 06 in the ambassador. Will never forget those gigs.

Il throw this out there but would anyone be on for throwing a small fundraiser to raise money for Chi? Get a few similar sounding bands together with a DJ, charge maybe ten bucks at the door(or people could donate what they can afford at the door) and rock out for a good cause. Dunno about you guys but Deftones have been huge in my life for yrs it would be a cool thing to do.

Its just an idea but thats where all the best things start.............

frAg

Advertisement