Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51/ Meteor Internet Connection

• 31-08-2009 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

It would be great if someone could help me out? Basically my internet connection seems to be down, if I try try log on it does connect but goes straight back to my screen and then it disconnects after about 10 seconds. I have logged on to a a couple of web feeds and the gone on to my homeage and then on to hotmail or gmail I can type in my log in details but when I click sign in it disconnects again. I rang meteor and they said to take the battery out for 30 minutes and they resent the WAP settings but this hasn't worked.

The cookies are enabled and I have reset the factory settings but this hasn't worked, has anyone got any idea what the problem may be before I go into a shop. I don't have much confidence in getting any help from them.

Lux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I guess nobody has any ideas. I have rang Meteor and gone in to the shop, both were useless. All the offered to do is send it off for repair which could take over a week. Its so annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Does it work properly over wifi?

Does opera mini work?

Have you tried another sim in your phone to see if it's the same?

Have you tried a replacement sim?

If all else fails you can do a hard reset of the phone, which will erase everything on it, by restarting the phone and while it's turning on hold the *, 3 and call keys. If you do that and it's still the same then it's a fault with the phone so you can try upgrading the software using the nokia pc suite and if that doesn't work bring it back for repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Does it work properly over wifi?

Does opera mini work?

Have you tried another sim in your phone to see if it's the same?

Have you tried a replacement sim?

If all else fails you can do a hard reset of the phone, which will erase everything on it, by restarting the phone and while it's turning on hold the *, 3 and call keys. If you do that and it's still the same then it's a fault with the phone so you can try upgrading the software using the nokia pc suite and if that doesn't work bring it back for repair

I will try the opera mini thing when I get a chance but the reset and other sims didn't work. I guess it will just have to be repaired if nothing else works, its only a couple of months so it shouldn't cost me anything.

Advertisement