Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with Free Finger Food

Options
  • 31-08-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a pub in Galway that offers free finger food (nothing major) to a group of say 20+ people.

Want to organise a night out, and we'd be drinking there all night, so if anyone knows of some pub in the city that does it, can they let me know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although I'm sure a lot of pubs could do this for you I have been to Buskers upstairs with work a few times and we always get finger food there, not sure about the "free" part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Massimo's does when theres a match on (Chelsea) not sure about other times but im sure if you arranged with with them they would,
    they do lovely chicken wings and other nibbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I think the Cottage in lower Salthill will but might need to be a fairly large group...they have a big sign out the front saying 'Free party room and food'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sconsey wrote: »
    I think the Cottage in lower Salthill will but might need to be a fairly large group...they have a big sign out the front saying 'Free party room and food'.

26082009002.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Sconsey wrote: »
    'Free party room and food'.

Its only the room that's free and not the food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

kellsum wrote: »
    Its only the room that's free and not the food!

You sure? If that's the case it's a very sneaky ad they have up on the wall. I read it as "Free Party Food, Free Party Room"

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

But the sign says free party food, free party room.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Unless things have changed alot recently what with the big 'R' and all but on booking the room on several occasions previously food was never included in the room, in fact it was always a little pricey:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Monroe's

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

pretty sure crowes in bohermore do finger food free most weekend nights when their busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Monroe's

Yeah free pizza's and garlic bread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah free pizza's and garlic bread ;)

Nope they do free sausages and wedges during matches.

Theres an old pub on the left hand side of Shop Street that does free finger food when it gets buys. Can't mind the name of it.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Nope they do free sausages and wedges during matches.

Theres an old pub on the left hand side of Shop Street that does free finger food when it gets buys. Can't mind the name of it.
    Would probably depend which way you were walking down the steet anaw...

Would probably depend which way you were walking down the steet anaw...

Down towards Monroes then.

Ye Olde Taaffe's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Smiles08

Lots of places will do it if you guarantee a crowd spending a few quid. Try the Front Door or the Dail - they are good to deal with and they often throw in a few platters when we have a work gig. Also ring the Kings Head or O'Connell's. You would be surprised who is willing to pony up. Good luck!

Ye Olde Taaffe's?

It was all green walls inside, think it might of been Taaffes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Place below the meyrick does free finger food during halftime of football matches being shown. Dont know about night time though

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

We had a few work partys at Crowes and they've always given us free finger food. Once or twice without us even requesting it, also very good at organising a decent dj for cheap

Advertisement