Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

What’s New
    The software contains many fixes and improvements on the earlier releases including:
    Improved call reliability
    Smooth touch screen scrolling
    Browser improvements
    Music player improvements
    Improved image and video stability
    Warm regards,
    The Nokia Software Update team

Hopefully it'll be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

lafors wrote: »

how many days are in january???? i cant wait.

ah cock, 2 days to wait. I hate waiting

No update yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I downloaded mine around 30 minutes ago through the nokia pc suite.

• Advertisement

I checked for updates through Applications>SW Update but no sign of it.
    Should it not show up there?

I just read somewhere that it's not available over the air yet. It can only be done with the Nokia software updater.

Anyone update yet? Anything exciting to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

It doesn't come with the new version 3.03 of Ovi maps :mad::mad::mad::mad:

kilsmum wrote: »
    It doesn't come with the new version 3.03 of Ovi maps :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Go to Applications>SW Update and you should find the new maps in there. It was sent out a few days ago and was seperate from the firmware update today.

I got mine fully up to date just now. The only improvement I noticed so far is the scrolling which seems to be a bit better.

Im bored so im not gonna backup what I need and just update the fecker. Sure twill gimme something to do.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Im bored so im not gonna backup what I need and just update the fecker. Sure twill gimme something to do.

Sure why would you want to backup first sure thats half the fun of updating :)
    Just did mine there, no way am I waiting for O2 to release it!!!

Sure why would you want to backup first sure thats half the fun of updating :)
    Just did mine there, no way am I waiting for O2 to release it!!!

Cant really see much of a difference. Now off to get rid of the stupid op logo and other crap.

50.5M RAM free after the update......NICE!!!

I was about to sell my N97 once I got my GPS & Camera lens fixed, then when I got it back fixed Nokia announced the free maps so I said I'd hold onto it for a few more weeks, now the V21 update gives me 50.5mb ram free, I think I'll be holding onto it now :)
    Opera Mobile, Maps 3.3, Music Player, Contacts, Adobe reader, all open and running fine (19.6mb ram left)!!!

See why didn't they release it like this??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hmm I'm still on version 11 and the only update available is 20, thought I'd wait and go straight to 21, or do you have to install 20 first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

I reckon you can go straight to 2.1

@lafors, what was your previous f/w? If it was 2.0 is there anyt other noticable updates?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You're probably right there rizzee. I think it's just not available for the UK yet. Mine is sim free unbranded from UK.

rizzee wrote: »
    I reckon you can go straight to 2.1

@lafors, what was your previous f/w? If it was 2.0 is there anyt other noticable updates?

I was on v20 before. Only differences so far are ram; scrolling is cleaner; auto rotate is better (but still not able to stop it happening when a call is coming in); they said the web app is better but I can't see any difference though I use opera anyway; and the default themes have changed a bit.

@Blade, I'd say you may have to go to V2 first, it was a big update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Cheers man. Think I might update over the next few days - although I don't really need to? I'll see what more people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hi lads im tryin to unlock my n97 mini i got the nac of vodafone and entered it in correctly and all but it says code error. How many digits should be in the code, someone said eight this had 15. The coverage on mine is very poor also has anyone any ideas.. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

50.5M RAM free after the update......NICE!!!

I was about to sell my N97 once I got my GPS & Camera lens fixed, then when I got it back fixed Nokia announced the free maps so I said I'd hold onto it for a few more weeks, now the V21 update gives me 50.5mb ram free, I think I'll be holding onto it now :)
    Opera Mobile, Maps 3.3, Music Player, Contacts, Adobe reader, all open and running fine (19.6mb ram left)!!!

See why didn't they release it like this??

Im guessing this V21 wont work on the N97 mini. My FW is still V10.0.020 (N97m) and the scrolling is crap and the net isa nightmare.

How do you check how much RAM is free?

• Advertisement

malcox wrote: »
    Hi lads im tryin to unlock my n97 mini i got the nac of vodafone and entered it in correctly and all but it says code error. How many digits should be in the code, someone said eight this had 15. The coverage on mine is very poor also has anyone any ideas.. cheers

Try this link Normally the NAC code is long so I would imagine its 15 digits.

Check and see if you phone is set to GSM or Auto. SOmetimes if its set to Auto the 3G signal can be crap and the phone doesnt switch over to the GSM
    Menu->Settings->Connectivity->Network->Network Mode GSM/Dual Mode

seanybiker wrote: »
    Just put the product code back to normal one after debraning and hope for the best. Im not 100% about. Meself and a few of me mates didnt lose our warranty at all. That could be by luck or me man in the shop never noticed. Its upto you tbh.

I have a N97m (RM-555) The product code in NSS is 0592212. How do I de-brand my phone, update firmware and if needs be re-brand my phone.

batman2000 wrote: »
    I have a N97m (RM-555) The product code in NSS is 0592212. How do I de-brand my phone, update firmware and if needs be re-brand my phone.

I put in 0581088 in nss and that worked shes updating now boy!!:)

Hey all go to this free sat nav with new maps http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/default/

You must have ovi suite to install it and the cable.....

malcox wrote: »
    I put in 0581088 in nss and that worked shes updating now boy!!:)

malcox, what version is your N97 mini firmware updating to.
    How did you use nss to install the firmware. Did you download it, then browse for the file, then select flash..??

batman2000 wrote: »
    malcox, what version is your N97 mini firmware updating to.
    How did you use nss to install the firmware. Did you download it, then browse for the file, then select flash..??

Use nss to change the product code... download nss if you dont have it.

Im updating to v11.0.045. Use nokia software updater to update the firmware. let me know how you get on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Updated mine last night to V21. I didn't really have any problems with V2 before so hopefully it just gets better. The only noticable difference so far for me is the themes. I use the black one. Seems to have better contrast. I like it anyway.

If you're updating back up your phone first. It will reset the main memory back to factory defaults. I backed up the whole phone and restored everything after the update. All apps and settings went back with no problems.

Deadly game. Done the Dublin race, kinda boring doing 30 in a race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Is there anyway to switch off 'AutoLock' when connected to a Car kit on N97 mini ?
    Its a nuisance to have to pick up the phone to unlock it, especially as the phone holder in the car covers the unlock button so I have to take it out. Also a legal/safety issue here as you can incur penalty points by simply having the phone in your hand while driving, regardless of whether its connected to a car kit or not.

Advertisement