Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Ok, bought the n97 from fonezonline this morning. No white on the website but they confirmed they had it.

Ordered black, saying I wanted a white one in the comment field.

Got a call 2 minutes ago from a guy who says he sent me a black one and only realised I wanted a white one afterwards.
    As soon as I send it back he'll send out the white.

Fair enough, easy mistake.

The problem is should I just keep the black or wait for the white :confused:

I m tormented here thinking of the weekend lost if I send it back.

Anyone have a white and wish they had a black???

Should arrive in the morning so I ll spend tonight in deep thought :D

PS: If I refuse delivery of the package will An Post just bring it back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Oh just take the black one, it'll be easier to sell I think. It's not really black black, it's more of a dark computer grey. I think the white one is a bit girly and might limit your market if you try to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

On the other hand there isn't as many white ones for sale than black ones so you'll most likely snatch a buyer when you decide to sell on ;)

Ah why will I be selling on? Is there something wrong with the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah why will I be selling on? Is there something wrong with the phone?

there's nothing wrong with the phone.

I find the black one looks more snazzy, dunno why.
    the white one looks more hmmm, crap I dunno either haha. They both do the same thjing so I wouldnt be worried about the colour. Upto yourself though.

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    there's nothing wrong with the phone.

I find the black one looks more snazzy, dunno why.
    the white one looks more hmmm, crap I dunno either haha. They both do the same thjing so I wouldnt be worried about the colour. Upto yourself though.

Ha ha GF talked me into getting the black one.

Talks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Hello, I have N97 from O2 firmware version 12.0.026, I would be grateful if someone could let me know what product code I should change the phone to with NSS to force the upgrade to v21 using the Ovi Suite app ? I tried 0570817 but it still showed that not update was available.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

| |
    | |
    | |
    v v

(this post makes alot more sense when Davy posts it.)

samhail wrote: »
    | |
    | |
    | |
    v v

(this post makes alot more sense when Davy posts it.)

Hi Samhail, not sure it this is related to my post, if it is I am not with you .

Thanks.

i thought davy would be on the ball and come to my rescue... alas it was not meant to be.

check out his signature link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62409639&postcount=39

though he needs to update it.

and i just noticed that he says that the code you use (EURO black) is correct.
    I am pretty sure that is what i use on my phone.

do you try to update over the air (OTA) or when you are connected to the PC and use the PC Suite upgrade software.

I have read that the OTA doesnt work sometimes and to use the PC Suite method

• Advertisement

Thanks, I get you now :-)

I am using the Ovi Suite connected by USB cable.

worked first time when i tried it.
    you could plug it in again to NSS and double check the code was saved ?
    or you could try to swap it to the other code maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dos1965 wrote: »
    Thanks, I get you now :-)

I am using the Ovi Suite connected by USB cable.

Still having problems?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Davy any ideas here? I've an unlocked unbranded model from the UK, no idea what the product code is or how to tell. I keep checking for updates but all I'm getting is version 20 as the latest. Not sure I want to mess around changing the product code in case of any issues down the line.

The label under the battery has the factory set product code printed on it.

If it has been changed, you can connected to nss and just 'read' the code without changing it.

Davy wrote: »
    Still having problems?

Thanks Davy, yes, still having problems. NSS does work and change the product code, I have reset it to the original as a test.

Thanks Davy, yes, still having problems. NSS does work and change the product code, I have reset it to the original as a test.

So you changed it successfully then?

After that you need to connect it to NSU - nokia software updater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I am trying to set up internet calling on the N97 using SIP settings. I have gotten the settings and inputted them and have gotten it to register. I have no idea how to make a call through it though. There isnt an internet call option anywhere!! Anybody have any experience setting this up on an N97?

So you changed it successfully then?

After that you need to connect it to NSU - nokia software updater

I have been using the Ovi Suite Software updater with no success....should I use another method to access NSU ?

Thanks again.

I have been using the Ovi Suite Software updater with no success....should I use another method to access NSU ?

Thanks again.

Ovi suite is the same thing, its just the newer rebrand of version. What product code have you now on the handset that its telling you that you are up to date?

• Advertisement

Ovi suite is the same thing, its just the newer rebrand of version. What product code have you now on the handset that its telling you that you are up to date?

firmware is v 12.0.026

firmware is v 12.0.026

You should get V21 with that code!

The label under the battery has the factory set product code printed on it.

If it has been changed, you can connected to nss and just 'read' the code without changing it.

Cheers Davy, the code under the battery says: 0585162

So is that one of the unlucky ones that gets the updates 3 months after everyone else? :)

Blade wrote: »
    Cheers Davy, the code under the battery says: 0585162

So is that one of the unlucky ones that gets the updates 3 months after everyone else? :)

That will get you V20, not V21 yet though ;)

That will get you V20, not V21 yet though ;)

Great :) any ideas when it should be available? Or should I just change the code, and can it be changed back in case of any warranty issues down the line?

Couldn't say when. The later is probably a better option, and yes you can change back the code as soon as you update to V21 using the same method, just substitute the codes of course :)

OK then screw it I'll just change the code to 0570817 as per your instructions, thanks for the help.

cooperguy wrote: »
    I am trying to set up internet calling on the N97 using SIP settings. I have gotten the settings and inputted them and have gotten it to register. I have no idea how to make a call through it though. There isnt an internet call option anywhere!! Anybody have any experience setting this up on an N97?

Have a read of this:http://winkstreaming.com/downloads/SIP_VoIP_Settings_User_Guide_for_Nokia_S60_VoIP_Rel_3_v2_0_en.pdf
    And: http://winkstreaming.com/en/n97_sip/

Blade wrote: »
    OK then screw it I'll just change the code to 0570817 as per your instructions, thanks for the help.

No probs at all. If you get stuck send me a pm or come back here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hi Samhail, not sure it this is related to my post, if it is I am not with you .

Thanks.
    0576350 is the code. try davys one using nokia ovi suite and go into the updates menu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

firmware is v 12.0.026

Sorry i meant to say try over the air using your phone to update and no pc. Try that

Advertisement