Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

seanybiker wrote: »
    I think my N97 is possessed. I picked it up last night to plug the charger into it but the thing was charging anyways haha. Left it off an only checked it a minute ago aswell and it still says its charging. lol

That's handy, a self charging phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Blade wrote: »
    That's handy, a self charging phone :)
    Need to patent that!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

seanybiker wrote: »
    I think my N97 is possessed. I picked it up last night to plug the charger into it but the thing was charging anyways haha. Left it off an only checked it a minute ago aswell and it still says its charging. lol

Same thing happened to mine last. Alas it was not to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Same thing happened to mine last. Alas it was not to be ;)
    ha ha. Mines still going lol. Bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

batman2000 wrote: »
    Re: Firmware N97M
    So according to Nokia, there is a new rev of firmware for the N97 mini. V11.0.045.
    But when I tried to update my phone NSU said no new firmware. Any ideas..?

edit Also I've tried OVI and Via the phone.. My product code is 0580188

Am I allowed to say "bump" !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its to do with your network and your phones product code. You can change the code if you want to avail of the latest software.

You will find your current code on the white label under your battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats nice.

Nokia is sorry for the N97
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/25/nokia_n97_sorry/

Seems to be just apologising for such a rush release date with buggy firmware. Mine is running perfect since V20 firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

chrislad wrote: »
    Saw that but it's no good. It's just a link to the Google Reader page! I'm after something like Reeder on the iPhone that displays the feeds without any gusto, or having to go through a browser.
    since i use google reader for rss anyway and have it all organised how i like it, i still use the mobile google reader site that i used to use with my old n95 and just increased the number of items per page to 20 (or possibly 25, whichever option it gives you) and it's perfect on the n97's screen and still speedy (almost instant most of the time), even with no 3G coverage.

i tried it with opera but i wasn't feeling the love and soon went back to the built in browser, it just seems tow work quicker for greader, at least for me.

Also, make sure you take it easy with the lock/unlock button, it's very fragile compared to the one on the 5800 and mine snapped off a few weeks ago making it really awkward to use.

not to mention the chrome edge has come off now on about 30% of the line that runs round the part with the keyboard on it (the bit next to the volume button and camera key etc. on the side) leaving white plastic exposed.

just waiting for my n900's to come (fingers crossed for next week) and then i'm gonna throw the n97 into a nokia service centre and get it refurb'd so i can give it to a mate and i'll be glad to finally be shot of the thing.

hopefully i can convince them that their shoddy craftsmanship should be totally replaced. it's been a lot better cared for than my n95 ever was, but is in considerably worse condition after only 7-8 months than my n95 was after 2-3 years. :(

roll on n900. :)

Davy wrote: »
    Its to do with your network and your phones product code. You can change the code if you want to avail of the latest software.

You will find your current code on the white label under your battery

Thx Davy, I have my product code but I need a different code to unbrand it? Don't I.? Also I seems that the codes for the N97 (RM-505) are different to the N97 mini (RM-555)....

• Advertisement

Thx Davy, I have my product code but I need a different code to unbrand it? Don't I.? Also I seems that the codes for the N97 (RM-505) are different to the N97 mini (RM-555)....

The codes are different yes. Are you still on V10, but wont let you update to V11?

The codes are different yes. Are you still on V10, but wont let you update to V11?

Correct. Still on V10 I'm trying to use NSS to flash the product code to 0591336 or 0591466 but I am getting a NSS error.
    When I read the product code via NSS I am geting 0592212 which is: 0592212: N97 mini RM-555 Vodafone Ireland IE N97 Mini V1

Correct. Still on V10 I'm trying to use NSS to flash the product code to 0591336 or 0591466 but I am getting a NSS error.
    When I read the product code via NSS I am geting 0592212 which is: 0592212: N97 mini RM-555 Vodafone Ireland IE N97 Mini V1

You said your product code was '0580188' though?

0580188 has V11 available for it, as its the EURO code

Yeah, it was strange that NSS read the product code and 0592212 I was sure it was 0580188 (the original code on there battery). Let me go back and use NSS to set the code to the original. The phone is still branded Vodafone though. Thanks Davy

When you do get it back to 0580188, connect it to NSU rather than OTA. Not sure if you can get it OTA yet.

When I try to flash it back to 0580188. I am getting am error as in the screenschot and the phone is forced into local mode. Any idea what I am doing wrong. When I plug in the USB I am not selecting any of the options eg PC Suite, Mass Memory etc, I am pressing cancel. If I cannot re-flash it back to 0580188 using NSS. Is there another method.?

EDIT: Corrected the product code to 058188
    EDIT #2: Now have available V11 FW.

Thanks Davy. For some reason the Product code was 0580188 and I don't recall the change to 0532212 working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'd like to get a Bluetooth car kit, can anyone recommend one? I've seen one a certain website (not sure if I can mention it here!!)
    I was quoted €270 in a shop for one :eek:

I will post the link for the one I've seen if thats allowed?

I'd like to get a Bluetooth car kit, can anyone recommend one? I've seen one a certain website (not sure if I can mention it here!!)

I think links are allowed. im not 100% sure but your only asking advice so it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

• Advertisement

Cool. Me mother had the exact same one. Auto connect and its fair loud aswell. I thought it was great anyways. Pity they couldnt make it smaller so it would fit in me bike helmet :)

I have a Parott Bluetooth car kit and it's run through the speakers. I Think it was about €250 installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I'm thinking of selling mine and buying a HTC HD2. I seen a few vid's on youtube and it looks amazing. The N97 is grand but when compared to the HD2 it looks like a little kid.

Can I ask question for N97 owners: Does anyone use the Nokia Ovi Music player..I cant seem to get my head around how it organises my songs it always seems to be a mess and I can't make head nor tail of how Nokia music player "organised" them ..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

Went to try update my N97 Black firmware (currently on V11) last night as per Davy's instructions. The problem is it didn't stop at the 142MB it first suggested and kept going, and going, and going, and going, overnight until eventually I had to try and get out of it at 1367MB and rising. Managed not to lose my phone or its content - but am worried about trying to do it again. Can't really do without my phone or my laptop for another 24-hour period!! Any advice??

I would try it again. Restart the phone and pc first. Sometimes their can be little bugs like that but normally not to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

How can I delete the calendar entries from the N97?

PH4T wrote: »
    How can I delete the calendar entries from the N97?

Manually, but a bitch.

Easier way, backup contacts music etc. Do a factory reset, and then reload your contacts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Manually, but a bitch.

Easier way, backup contacts music etc. Do a factory reset, and then reload your contacts etc.

Is a factory reset when you push
    * Caps shift
    * Space bar
    * Delete button
    * On button

Just tried that but the calendar entries are still there...

• Advertisement

Being stored on the mass memory so would need a Hard reset, but i just noticed a better way :o

Calender > options > delete entry > all entries > yes :)

Advertisement