Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Anyone have any ideas for me?
    I have an N97 mini with FW 10.0.020. I can’t even remember the original product code anymore but it’s an Irish O2 branded phone.
    Anyway I’ve changed the product code using NSS three times and still can’t install the latest FW.
    At the minute the product code is: 0580188
    Using the phone’s “software update” the phone tells me that there’s a new FW to update to and I must use a pc to install it. However, when I connect to Ovi suite it tells me I’m up-to-date. When I try using NSU, that’s “unable to find device”.

NSU is version 2.5.1 which I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Ovi Suite is version 2.1.1.1

Any help or suggestions at all would be great

The original product code will be written on silver label under battery

OTA firmware update doesn't take product code into account. It works on the IMEI and so the server is telling you there's no O2 update available

If the phone is not recognised by NSU, is it recognised by Ovi Suite or PC Suite?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

plu wrote: »
    The original product code will be written on silver label under battery

OTA firmware update doesn't take product code into account. It works on the IMEI and so the server is telling you there's no O2 update available

If the phone is not recognised by NSU, is it recognised by Ovi Suite or PC Suite?

Hey Plu,
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I never got an OTA notification about FW 11 before I changed my product code.
    The phone is recognised my both Ovi and PC Suite.

BTW, I never use Ovi, PC Suite, NSU or NSS at the same time.
    I’ve even tried restarting both the PC I’m working on and the N97 mini after I changed the product code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Well had my N97 since just before paddys day and in this time it has spent a month getting fixed when the touchpad stopped working- got it back last friday to find out could not hear anyone on the handset - earpiece was broken so CPW now exchanged my phone for a new set. If this one breaks I give up - I actually do like it but too many probs.
    I also found it very difficult to move my photos/videos back onto my phone through OVI- anyone else had that prob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Been experiencing a strange problem with my N97 mini over the last few days on and off. When I try to open a new text or email, or sometimes when I try to reply to one, I get an error message that reads "Messaging: Memory Full. Close some applications and try again". I also sometimes get the same message except it says 'General' instead of 'Messaging'.

Now I have feck all messages in my inboxes and I don't have any applications open when I try to do this. The only way to get around it seems to be to switch the phone off and on again.

Any ideas? Apart from a few photos and a few videos I have nothing on the phone that could constitute a full memory (there's 8Gb in it FFS!!) :confused:

Can I ask - did anyone manage to fix this problem? I have this and its driving me crazy...

I have googled it and tried numerous things recommended there - but no luck.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dinkie wrote: »
    Can I ask - did anyone manage to fix this problem? I have this and its driving me crazy...

I have googled it and tried numerous things recommended there - but no luck.

Thanks

No - not yet!:(

I sent the phone into the repair shop in South Anne Street last week and asked them to change the product code and update the software. I got the phone back - they had done something to it as the phone settings were all reset - but it's still running the same software version and all the problems I had are still there! :confused:

Haven't had a chance to get back into them to see what can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What did they same they did?

And what software version are you running?

Davy wrote: »
    What did they same they did?

And what software version are you running?

I actually never asked! I was in a hurry when I collected it - didn't get to turn it on until later that evening and realised it was the same software! They obviously did something to it as the settings were all reset. I've tried to update it myself since but it still says there are no updates available.

It's running v10.0.020 (version date 14.10.09). I was following your earlier advice and getting the product code changed to enable software updates!!

It's running v10.0.020 (version date 14.10.09). I was following your earlier advice and getting the product code changed to enable software updates!!

Did you get it changed ok?

Im guessing its a mini you have going by the software version? You should be able to update to V20 now using a EURO product code

Davy wrote: »
    Did you get it changed ok?

Im guessing its a mini you have going by the software version? You should be able to update to V20 now using a EURO product code

I don't know! Where would I find the product code?:confused:

When I do the *#0000# thing this is what I get:

Software Version
    v10.0.020

Software Version Date
    14-10-2009

Custom Version

Language Set

Model
    N97 mini

Type
    RM-555

Ye, well if you tried to update the software, and it said non available you probably haven't done it so. If you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself, go back to phonemenders and get them to do it as you asked the first time for it to be updated.

If you want to give it a go, my sig will give you an idea how to go about it. Let me know if you need some help

• Advertisement

Thanks Davy - I'll try drop back into them over the next few days when I get a chance as I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing and my next post would only be "Just killed my N97 Mini - please help!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

lads i have nokia maps for europe on the phone but when i go to use it(even though it's free now)it asks to connect to the network any ideas?:(
    in the settings i only have the actual gps turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Can somebody please give me a step by step guide to downloading and viewing movies on my phone? I've been googling but getting information overload!!

Thanx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

Hi lads/lassies

The key on the side of the phone that locks and unlocks the phones has miraculously disapeared on me!
    Would anyone have any ideas how much it might cost to get fixed with a new one and maybe where in city centre Dublin i could get it done?

MPRC in sandyford.

they might repair it for free as it a known problem.

thanks Davy i'll have a look into it. its only been like this 4 hours and i'm going crazy already with the damn thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Just upgraded to v 12.0.110 (June 2010 release) on a Vodafone N97 min,i via euro code write.

I was aiming to de-brand, which was successful, but have also found this firmware a big improvement. Web browsing in particular is much improved. I'd highly recommend the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi all,

I have the N97m and its firmware is V11.0.45. Now, the GSM signal quality of the phone is pretty bad. I'm just using GSM and I have a E51 beside me also just using GSM. The N97m is maybe 2 or 3 bars , yet the E51 (same network) is all 5 bars. It seems the antenna is on the bottom on the phone. I believe the iPhone 4 has a similar issue and there has been some discussion about it. Now as you hold N97m to use the touch screen or browse the Web, the GSM signal just drops, as if it wasn't bad enough previously.

I have already brought to be repaired with antenna problems, as they said the main circuit board was replaced.

Is anyone else having similar problems.???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

New software version 22.0.110 is now available. No major issues, should sort a couple of minor bugs though.

Make sure you back up before installing. Wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi after I'd installed the new version so had to *#7370# and restore.

Trying to update my mini via Ovi and it's just not happening. Any ideas what I can do? It is telling me the update is available, I clicked to do the back up and after a few minutes it tells me it can't do the back up.

• Advertisement

What error does it give you hairy

I'm trying to get onto it again so that I can tell you exactly what it says but I keep getting the following message after I try to sync contacts: 'contacts not synced. Reconnect usb cable or connect via blootooth. Then sync again. Error code: 83930007.

Before I tried to update the phone I updated the version of Ovi I was using, so I am using the most update version of it.

As far as I can recall it said something about an internal problem. I don't know if it meant the laptop or the phone had an problem. However I restarted the laptop and turned the phone on and off but it came up with the same message

Why dont you update it using OTA

You can do this by pressing *#0000# into the phone, and then options; update and it will update the software without the computer. It will need to connect to your network, or your WLAN if you have a wireless network near you.

Backup its not fully necessary, as the N97 has UDP which will hold your contacts etc. I do advise to back it up encase though

I managed to connect it again, got half way through the back up, and the following message came up: 'Backup cannot be made. The connection between your device and computer has been lost. Reconnect the usb cable to your device and try again.' :mad::mad::mad:

Will try your suggestion now.

It worked!! Everything as it should be! Thanks Davy. Now I just need to get it sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Nokia N97 with s/w version 22.0.111

I use various hotspots and O2. Therefore in applications > suite settings, I have not selected a default access point.

Previously when I would open Gmail app, I would be asked whether or not I wanted to allow application to use network and send or receive data > allow for this session. Then it would ask to select the destination. It no longer asks to select the destination and stays on the loading page for ever

Basically this is not happening as it should

So I had to instal http://shop.psiloc.com/en/Application,262325,Psiloc+Connect

when i go to the nss link to download the software to update the phone, which one am i going to download?

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2

alfaz wrote: »
    when i go to the nss link to download the software to update the phone, which one am i going to download?

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/NSS103815.zip

Thanks once again Davy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roganjosh

So I recently came in to possession of a Nokia N97 mini. Logged into Gmail on the home screen but can't find the option to sign out again. Can anyone help?

Advertisement