Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

davy how do i check the product code i tried the *#0000# and got type rm 505.
    also the phone was checking for a licence a msg came up connection failed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Click on my sig, will help you check or change the product code.

You haven't setup your data connections yet since getting the phone back from mprc im guessing? Thats why you would have gotten the connection error

davy the maps are working on the phone now only problem is when i go onto maps it requires an online connection which is costing over a euro each time.
    i have disabled assisted gps&network connertion i have it running on the intergrated gps only but yet it still requires an online conection any ideas?

davy the maps are working on the phone now only problem is when i go onto maps it requires an online connection which is costing over a euro each time.
    i have disabled assisted gps&network connertion i have it running on the intergrated gps only but yet it still requires an online conection any ideas?

Maps > options > tools > Settings > internet > 'Go online at start-up', set to 'No'

And also Options > tools > the top option to 'offline'

Maps > options > tools > Settings > internet > 'Go online at start-up', set to 'No'

And also Options > tools > the top option to 'offline'

thanks for that davy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Just got my N97 mini today and thanks for all the tips.

Also regarding firmware. The latest for the N97 Mini is 10.0.020

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Can I ask a question. On the home screen (N97 Mini), how do I edit and remove the pre-loaded content and add shortcuts for speed dials and calender events.?

Also, My N97 Mini have software V10.0.020. And Ovi and POC Suite say no updates are available. Is this different to the N97 as that is on V20.?
    Does my N97 Mini have kinetic scrolling or passive.?

Cheers

**EDIT Content: Sorry just found out. The content is named Favourite contacts and not speed dials. Must see if I can change the Shortcuts 1, 2 etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Yesterday on my n97 mini, when I removed the headset, the headset icon stayed on. Meaning the phone thought it was still connected and I couldn't use it without reconnecting the headset again to talk to people. After browsing a few sites it seems its a common problem. One of the contacts did not push out when the headset jack was removed, it can be pulled out with a pin, and problem solved.

Must say, I really dont like the headphones that came with it. They are impossible to keep in on a windy day like today :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats a bit of a pain, havign to get a pin at it every time you use your headphones.

i havnt opened a set of Nokia earphones in about 3 phones now :)
    good ould 3.5mm connector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olden gray

I've heard that Vodafone may offer a laser pico projector along with an N97 as a promotion this Christmas. The projector is the ShowWX by Microvision. Does anyone know anything about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

anybody have any idea on when o2 branded N97's are gettin v2.0?? or has anybody upgraded to it on an o2 handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

due my new n97 any day now, is v.20 still the latest one?

sonic.trip wrote: »
    due my new n97 any day now, is v.20 still the latest one?

yeah v.20 is still the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

yeah v.20 is still the latest

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

Hi all, I updated my fw on my n97 to version 20.0.019 a while back with no problems. I tried to update my wifes fw on her n97 and keep getting message no updates available. Her fw version is 12.0.024
    Both phones were purchased in a vodafone shop on contract.
    Is anyone else having the same problem?
    Does anyone know how i can update her fw?
    Thanks

| |
    | |
    | |
    v v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 darrylg

any one know where the official nokia care centres are? im sick of touch screen problems with my n97

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Handy app I just found. I tried setting up SIP on my N97 as I ring abroad a lot. It was a pain in the ass and I coudn't get it working. There's an app on Ovi Store called Nimbuzz. Took about 10 seconds to configure and now I can use SIP on the phone. I don't know why Nokia have to make some stuff so fiddly on S60.

darrylg wrote: »
    any one know where the official nokia care centres are? im sick of touch screen problems with my n97

mobile phone repair company in sandyford in dublin would be the best place to send it. Other repair centres will just reflash the firmware

Nialloo24 wrote: »
    anybody have any idea on when o2 branded N97's are gettin v2.0?? or has anybody upgraded to it on an o2 handset?

Anybody??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

I'm in the same boat.
    I was talking to a dude on the o2 forum about it,

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=7193

Apparently the FW update was approved in October

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=85768&postcount=10

Why NSU hasn’t pushed through the update I don’t know. It’s really annoying me as I can’t get to a Nokia centre and I don’t want to void my warranty.
    I might try ringing them again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

Hey lads is it worth upgrading to the n97 from an n95? I can get a good price on a sim free one and sell my n95 so would probably set me back 180 or so. Ive heard bad things about the firmware and touchscreen and s60 being outdated. Does the latest firmware resolve most issues? One i can get would be debranded so no waitin on o2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i wouldnt hesitate

Personally, I really do like the N97 but if I could choose again I would have held off for the N900 and kept my N95 8Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭pah

Got N97 having had N95-8GB for 2 years, gave N95 to GF. I really like it and I wold recommend it, upgraded to 2.0 FW straight away so didn't know much about early problems.

Check out onlne reviews, they're mostly unbiased, highlighting good/bad points in the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

I'm in the same boat.
    I was talking to a dude on the o2 forum about it,

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=7193

Apparently the FW update was approved in October

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=85768&postcount=10

Why NSU hasn’t pushed through the update I don’t know. It’s really annoying me as I can’t get to a Nokia centre and I don’t want to void my warranty.
    I might try ringing them again tomorrow.

Make sure that you have the most up to date Nokia Software Updater, this was what was stopping me from updating mine!

its on v2.4.1.en at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

cant anyone suggest a decent (not too expensive) set of earphones for this phone? The nokia wh-701 that come with it are rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Any headphone will do as long as it's got a 3mm jack. Basically the more money you pay, the better the sound quality.

roarlad wrote: »
    this was what was stopping me from updating mine!

its on v2.4.1.en at the moment.

Just updated NSU on my work laptop, in the bottom right hand corner it reads v1.8.10en? And it stills tells me i'm up to date

Edit:
    Just tried it from my home pc, downloaded the newest NSU from nokia's site, it's v1.8.10en as well. is your phone o2 branded?

• Advertisement

Does anybody here hav the new firmware on a different network apart from o2 that didnt change the product code??

Advertisement