Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Just updated NSU on my work laptop, in the bottom right hand corner it reads v1.8.10en? And it stills tells me i'm up to date

Edit:
    Just tried it from my home pc, downloaded the newest NSU from nokia's site, it's v1.8.10en as well. is your phone o2 branded?

i'm gettin the very same!! The guy on talk2o2 isnt really quick at replyin to the problem either altho not his fault either i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

cant anyone suggest a decent (not too expensive) set of earphones for this phone? The nokia wh-701 that come with it are rubbish!

I'm using Sennheiser CX300s on mine and they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

roarlad wrote: »
    Make sure that you have the most up to date Nokia Software Updater, this was what was stopping me from updating mine!

its on v2.4.1.en at the moment.

where do you get the v2.4.1? I download it from nokia and only give you v.1.8.1, I try update firmware on my n97 and it tells me v12 is the latest, not v.20. anyone know what the hell is going on??

cant anyone suggest a decent (not too expensive) set of earphones for this phone? The nokia wh-701 that come with it are rubbish!

well out of your price range im guessing, but got Bose in ear headphones in August and never looked back to be honest, well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Davy wrote: »
    | |
    | |
    | |
    v v

Davy...Is the FW codes the same for the N97 Mini, as the FW for mine still says V10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I had NSU V 1.6.13 and tried to update but W7 is not supported

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

batman2000 wrote: »
    I had NSU V 1.6.13 and tried to update but W7 is not supported

It will run fine if you run it in XP compatilibty mode.

batman2000 wrote: »
    Davy...Is the FW codes the same for the N97 Mini, as the FW for mine still says V10

Product codes are different for each model. The N97 is RM505, 506, where the mini is RM 555. Their is no newer firmware for the mini, version 10.0.020 is the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hey lads and lassies. Only got he n97 last night. Unbranded phones on me old computer no prooblems but now I have a new one with fecking windows vista on it. Any time I use the NSS it wont read or write to the phone. Anyone have any idears? cheers :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    Any time I use the NSS it wont read or write to the phone. Anyone have any idears? cheers :)

Are you running it in Xp compatibility mode?

Are you running it in Xp compatibility mode?

yeah done that.

• Advertisement

Running it in pc suite mode?

Running it in pc suite mode?

yup. Gonna grow me hair and pull it out haha.

Have you the latest version of Nss? and can you use the pc suite apps fine with the phone?

Have you the latest version of Nss? and can you use the pc suite apps fine with the phone?
    Yeah have the latest. im just gonna delete pc suite and NSS and start from scratch. there must be something small I missed or something, dunno how but sure ya know yerself. Ill get back to ya in a bit if I cant sort it. cheers :)

tis ok davy i got it working. Thanks for the help anyways. Hates been stuck with crappy vodafone firmware. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

So has O2 any version other than V10, yes or no? this software update lark is a bit silly

DRice wrote: »
    So has O2 any version other than V10, yes or no? this software update lark is a bit silly

If you debrand your phone then yes you can get an update. I dont know if 02 have an updated firmware. You dont have to update it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

seanybiker wrote: »
    If you debrand your phone then yes you can get an update. I dont know if 02 have an updated firmware. You dont have to update it anyways.

V10 is very buggy, i'd like V21 or whatever is about now.
    I dont want to void my warranty. Maybe thats foolish of me?

DRice wrote: »
    V10 is very buggy, i'd like V21 or whatever is about now.
    I dont want to void my warranty. Maybe thats foolish of me?

Just put the product code back to normal one after debraning and hope for the best. Im not 100% about. Meself and a few of me mates didnt lose our warranty at all. That could be by luck or me man in the shop never noticed. Its upto you tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Finally got sick of waiting for the plebs on talk2o2 to get the finger out and release the new FW. Followed Davy’s instructions and it worked a treat! Well I ended up having to do a hard reset but I had everything backed up and the FW is much better so I’m happy out.

Has anyone managed to put pictures on the n97 from their pc/laptop. The ovi thing doesnt work even though it says "drag photos here" and when i copy through mass storage i cant view the photos i have just put on.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

• Advertisement

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to put pictures on the n97 from their pc/laptop. The ovi thing doesnt work even though it says "drag photos here" and when i copy through mass storage i cant view the photos i have just put on.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

I just used mass storage and they showed up for me :/. I never use pc suite or ovi suite thingmebob. Easier to just drag and drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I just got a n97 for xmas, im having an odd issue, I can connect through wifi fine but not through 02 wap??

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I just got a n97 for xmas, im having an odd issue, I can connect through wifi fine but not through 02 wap??

register the sim maybe. What is it. You dont know how to pick o2 or it just wont work?

ussjtrunks wrote: »

It can be set to not use a network connection, so if wifi is still available that could be happening. Not enough info known to tell you exactly what's going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Which widgets does everyone have on their homescreen on their N97?

I have two rows of favourite apps, Accuweather, favourite contacts and AP news.

For the most part I have them flicked off.

I think this feature could work better that what I am using it for so would be keen to hear what others have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

I cchanged from me n95 8gb for one a n97 after asking was it worth it a few pages back on this thread & i'm not dissapointed anyway.
    Was wondering if anyone has symtorrent working at all or a similar app and if anyone knows is it possible to get a decent mario game on this?

Downloaded both but mario wouldn't install and symtorrent wasn't signed, symbiansigned website wouldn't sign it for me either.

I cchanged from me n95 8gb for one a n97 after asking was it worth it a few pages back on this thread & i'm not dissapointed anyway.
    Was wondering if anyone has symtorrent working at all or a similar app and if anyone knows is it possible to get a decent mario game on this?

Downloaded both but mario wouldn't install and symtorrent wasn't signed, symbiansigned website wouldn't sign it for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Which widgets does everyone have on their homescreen on their N97?

I have two rows of favourite apps, Accuweather, favourite contacts and AP news.

For the most part I have them flicked off.

I think this feature could work better that what I am using it for so would be keen to hear what others have.

I just have accuweather and gmail on the homescreen,i like to have a nice pic on the screen so i don't want to cover it up.:)

Does anyone keep getting the message tone only to find there is no messages sometimes? this keeps happening a few times a day and don;t know why its beeping. any suggestions?

• Advertisement

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Does anyone keep getting the message tone only to find there is no messages sometimes? this keeps happening a few times a day and don;t know why its beeping. any suggestions?

Yeah happened me there literally a few minutes ago. I think it might be a delivery report notification as I had sent a text a few mins before that.
    Try turning off warning tones in the profile and it should stop it if its annoying.

My N95 used to light up at random and it took me about a year to figure it it was every time the battery indicator went down a notch the phone lit up...

Advertisement