Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97 Owners Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 *nemo*

I keep trying to use my WLAN network through the N97 and i keep getting no gateway reply message on it, can anyone help me with this?
    Ive tried to look for resolutions online but they are all really states based which dont seem to help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

*nemo* wrote: »
    I keep trying to use my WLAN network through the N97 and i keep getting no gateway reply message on it, can anyone help me with this?
    Ive tried to look for resolutions online but they are all really states based which dont seem to help.

Thanks

are you sure its connected to your wlan? did you enter the correct WEP/WPA key into it? have you been able to browse and then get the message or are you just getting the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

deep1 wrote: »
    I sold mine back in oct for €480, you would be lucky if you get €350 for it now.
    What's the craic with selling these? I got mine as a free upgrade with my bill account on o2, am I allowed sell it no problem yea?

shoutman wrote: »
    What's the craic with selling these? I got mine as a free upgrade with my bill account on o2, am I allowed sell it no problem yea?

Im sure you are, probably locked to O2 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 *nemo*

sonic.trip wrote: »
    are you sure its connected to your wlan? did you enter the correct WEP/WPA key into it? have you been able to browse and then get the message or are you just getting the message?

Hi thanks for replying. What happens is that i connect to the WLAN ive checked the password is working and correct, i get a white screen so it looks like its conencting but then the no gateway message pops up. I knwo the WLAN is correct and i use the same network for my computer. Ive connected only once successfully to the WLAN, after that it didnt work again for me. Any suggestions or tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Im sure you are, probably locked to O2 though
    If you got it as an upgrade, ring up O2 and ask for the unlock code.
    They will give it to you.
    Enter the code into the phone, now you have an unlocked phone that you can sell to anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hi
    i got an n97 mini
    there is something that drives me crazy with the phone , and thats the wlan message that says unable to connect every 2 seconds
    does anyone know how to turn that off?

j4vier wrote: »
    hi
    i got an n97 mini
    there is something that drives me crazy with the phone , and thats the wlan message that says unable to connect every 2 seconds
    does anyone know how to turn that off?

try this: in the main screen select "options" > then select "content to offline mode"

*nemo* wrote: »
    Hi thanks for replying. What happens is that i connect to the WLAN ive checked the password is working and correct, i get a white screen so it looks like its conencting but then the no gateway message pops up. I knwo the WLAN is correct and i use the same network for my computer. Ive connected only once successfully to the WLAN, after that it didnt work again for me. Any suggestions or tips?

Sounds strange, first thing I would do is check on your routers homepage if the device is showing up connected, usually in statistics>LAN depending on router.

If its not I would go to settings>connections>wireless etc and delete your wlan connection and start again ensuring WEP/WPA is correct. I would prob start again if it was connected anyway just to see what happens. get back to us anyway, can't think of what else that could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

that worked well
    thanks a mill for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Can anyone tell me the going rate for a second hand N97? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

shoutman wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the going rate for a second hand N97? Thanks

I'm going to be flogging mine shortly on adverts,i'm going with €300. Worst comes to the worst i'll drop to 250. Mines a US one so the charger is a US one which is why i'm willing to let it go cheaper. Going to have a gander at adverts now and see what the going rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm jumping on the N97 wagon soon after a Hero, hopefully i'll like it :) Just worried about bugs but I reckon constant f/w updates and closing apps properly will sort this.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

N97 mini doesn't play .avi files, Anybody know of a free media player that can be downloaded to play these types of files.

Failing that can anybody recommend a decent converter? I have tried a number of them and they either fail or take hours for a single movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

782378 wrote: »
    N97 mini doesn't play .avi files, Anybody know of a free media player that can be downloaded to play these types of files.

Failing that can anybody recommend a decent converter? I have tried a number of them and they either fail or take up hours for a single movie.

I use ''Next DVD Ripper'' and it does the job for me. I rip dvd's and then turn it into MP4 format. Just google it, it's free too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

rizzee wrote: »
    ....Just worried about bugs but I reckon constant f/w updates and closing apps properly will sort this.....

Mine has the latest FW, am rarely ever running anything other than Opera Mobile and Accuweather, and still have the odd freeze.

I have the latest my phone will allow think its v12 or so, will not allow me put v.20 on. I got my phone brand new and unlocked from the UK. I have no freezes at all since I updated its firmware. loving the phone more and more each day :)

The nokia email messenger is great with gmail as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Anyone having problems with their camera? Mice was perfect, excellent camrera, but ever since I've updated it, I keep getting white on the left side of the picture. Its as if the flash is still on the split second the picture is being taking. Well its kind of obvious that its the flash still being on at the split second the photo is being taking. Any idea how to remedy this??

here's an example or two....

06012010066-2.jpg
    07012010070.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I think it's a scratch or dirt on the lens. Try wiping the lens. If that doesn't fix it it'll probably need to go into a repair centre.

http://thenokiablog.com/2009/07/27/nokia-n97-camera-flash-scratches/

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

I'd say you have your finger too near the flash and the light is bouncing.

• Advertisement

I think it's a scratch or dirt on the lens. Try wiping the lens. If that doesn't fix it it'll probably need to go into a repair centre.

http://thenokiablog.com/2009/07/27/nokia-n97-camera-flash-scratches/
    Yeah ill probably drop it down tomorrow, if me man wants to send it away for a few days ill leave it off, fook that, I'd only miss me N97 and dont really wanna use me spare N95 lol. Ah sure ill see how it goes.

boc121 wrote: »
    I'd say you have your finger too near the flash and the light is bouncing.

its definately not that.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah ill probably drop it down tomorrow, if me man wants to send it away for a few days ill leave it off, fook that, I'd only miss me N97 and dont really wanna use me spare N95 lol. Ah sure ill see how it goes.

its definately not that.

woo hoo i got it working. not a bother on it.

Hey everybody, should be getting my N97 32gb in the post tommorow or Wednesday. Is there any applications that you reckon I should install? Also whats the latest F/W available? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Hey everybody, should be getting my N97 32gb in the post tommorow or Wednesday. Is there any applications that you reckon I should install? Also whats the latest F/W available? Thanks

First thing you should do is download Opera Mobile 10. It's a fantastic web browser.

Last time I checked the latest firmware was v2.0

Thanks mate will keep that in mind. Is the phone stable for you? I'd be closing applications properly and wouldn't be using more than 2 at a time at most i'd say ( txt message, music) so would you think it would be stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

thinking of getting the N97 mini.. let us know how you get on with it

Thanks mate will keep that in mind. Is the phone stable for you? I'd be closing applications properly and wouldn't be using more than 2 at a time at most i'd say ( txt message, music) so would you think it would be stable?
    Yeah that would be grand. I normally have a few things open at the one time and its perfect. Go for it.

get the photo browser thats linked to at the start of this thread. Its cool. Blacklist is handy if your like me and dont answer blocked numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am selling my N97 over on adverts if anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=179990&cat=14

I would obviously be willing to allow a complete inspection.

• Advertisement

I am selling my N97 over on adverts if anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=179990&cat=14

I would obviously be willing to allow a complete inspection.

now im paranoid about the USB thingmebob, I just slap it into the phone.

Advertisement