Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway based Camper Van needed

• 31-08-2009 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey,

Probably not a chance in a million but may as well ask......

Does anyone per chance have a camper van to rent for the Electric Picnic?!

Willing to leave large deposit and whatever proof of identity needed as I know they cost a fortune...!!

So, anyone....crossing of toes and fingers!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

No one in their right mind would rent a camper van for a festival. If you're ringing places tell them you're taking your family hiking for the weekend or something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nianua

well, to be honest at this stage it would be a personal rental rather then from a company and I thought honesty was the best policy as they would probably guess when they see my lack of ''family''! ;)

We are going anyway and have been offered a free camper van ticket so thought I may chance it...The hire companies have all sold out months ago..

Tempted to go driving around to see if any old jalopies for sale at the side of the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC -> Camper Van forum (yes, there is one :D)
    They should know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'll "rent" you mine ...for 15 k :D

(you can even keep it afterwards)

Seriously ...snowball and hell spring to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

You've left it very late.... Most rental companies won't rent at all for the Festival weekends , unless it's someone they know , or to a group they know aren't going to the festivals . WE've rented to E-P for several years now , but only to people working as staff .

• Advertisement

hmmmm,
    yeah, we rented one 2 years ago and hired it for the week. Was pricey but worth it. As we had it for the week we took a spin for a few days afterwards which was fab..We managed to bribe a friend to use their house to shower ourselves and clean the van and then off we headed....sigh..t'was lovely...

Hadn't thought I was going to make the EP this year so didn't book one early enough.:(

Thanks Magnus....I will check it out...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Why not rent a van and throw the necessary bits in the back, camping stove and a few pots a bed mattress.... you'd probably get most of it in TK max for half nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Avis van + Futon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rusty nail

Ask the Travellers. You could pay with a Travellers Check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

My 21yo son is begging me to let him have mine for this... He's offered to let me drive it there and park it and collect it and all and even pay...

He's gettign the same response your getting here I'm afraid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

We rented one to 2 couples last year for EP and even though they were reasonably clean, they neglected to empty the casette toilet (cringe) and left vomit stains and cigarette burns on the seats. Nice.
    apart from that, how do people think they are going to insure them for the 2/3 days? CANNOT be done afaik.
    I suppose our motorhomes are extensions of our own family homes i.e. our own beds, bathooms etc so it would be very hard to rent one to strangers

hey there,
    The insurance is ok as i can get cover for a month to use with a campervan..

Yeah, i understand the personal attachment! I guess it is like renting your house to someone really.

The ''rules'' on the campervan are pretty strict so it can't be a van with a bed in the back! We could do the rent a van option that that would mean a stay in the carpark and not into that really...
    hmmmm

my own fault - next time i will be better organised! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Cant you get a caravan instead? I think they are allowed at the other major Summer festival

Never actually thought of a caravan....but yes you are right you can bring a caravan...thanks, good idea
    I have never 'towed' one before....

any ideas on where to get one in the galway region before i head off to google like crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nianua wrote: »
    hey there,
    The insurance is ok as i can get cover for a month to use with a campervan..

Yeah, i understand the personal attachment! I guess it is like renting your house to someone really.

The ''rules'' on the campervan are pretty strict so it can't be a van with a bed in the back! We could do the rent a van option that that would mean a stay in the carpark and not into that really...
    hmmmm

my own fault - next time i will be better organised! :o

I stayed in the car-park last year and I have a camper van, it was great - I got a decent sleep without listening to any neighbours. :D

Advertisement