Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet wash - Douglas

Options
  • 31-08-2009 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to my friend's wedding in Douglas on Saturday week and I want to wash my car on the morning of the wedding.

Can anybody recommend a good jet wash facility in the Douglas area (either manned or DIY)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

The statoil garage by the Kinsale Road roundabout has a fantastic car wash. The attendant first washes your car to get the big lumps off before going into the brush wash. My car always comes out sparkling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    The statoil garage by the Kinsale Road roundabout has a fantastic car wash. The attendant first washes your car to get the big lumps off before going into the brush wash. My car always comes out sparkling!
    Top man, I know where that is so I'll head there.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

(Forgot that it's Topaz now by the way :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

the small garage accross from the viscount in bishopstown is brilliant,its €11 but well worth it,i had never seen my car so clean afterwards!

watch those grids underneath the car wash area in frankfield,i spent a cold few hours trying to fish keys out of it before:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

DJ Hafez wrote: »

Brush wash? I can't believe people actually use them. They damage your paintwork by whipping hard plastic filaments off it at high speed - you're actually paying to have swirl marks embedded into your paint!

In Douglas Village, there's a Shell station, they have both washes, a Jet Wash, and a Brush Wash. Do yourself a favour and use the manual Lance/Jet Wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

The Esso(formerly known as Emo) station on your way out of town has a really good Automatic jet wash. 12 euro for the super deluxe I think.

Just be sure to pull all the way upto the point where you can see the spay coming up from the ground behind your car. I got a good car was there last week but it missed the rear of the car completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Brush wash? I can't believe people actually use them. They damage your paintwork by whipping hard plastic filaments off it at high speed - you're actually paying to have swirl marks embedded into your paint!

In Douglas Village, there's a Shell station, they have both washes, a Jet Wash, and a Brush Wash. Do yourself a favour and use the manual Lance/Jet Wash.

+1 for Shell in Douglas village, since the wedding is in Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

do any of these washes do the underside of car ... handy coming up to nct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Anything that washes underneath your car should also be avoided. If your car has any half exposed wiring, water pushed into the connectors under pressure will cause faults. It can also wreak havoc with the oxygen/lambda sensor which is connected to the exhaust if the wiring is any way exposed. I've also seen one of those washes dislodge the brakepad wear warning sensor which had to do be sorted out afterwards.

General rule of thumb if you care about your car. Stick to a normal jet/lance wash. Anything which is automatic, or washes underneath your car should be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's a good one up in Grange just behind the SuperValu. It's on the right if you're coming up from Douglas and on the left if you're coming up from Kinsale Rd Roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anything that washes underneath your car should also be avoided. If your car has any half exposed wiring, water pushed into the connectors under pressure will cause faults. It can also wreak havoc with the oxygen/lambda sensor which is connected to the exhaust if the wiring is any way exposed. I've also seen one of those washes dislodge the brakepad wear warning sensor which had to do be sorted out afterwards.

General rule of thumb if you care about your car. Stick to a normal jet/lance wash. Anything which is automatic, or washes underneath your car should be avoided.
    so is it fair to say just ignore that on the nct letter.

Advertisement