Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica's best Album thread

• 31-08-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Following on from my hugely popular 'MOP V AJVA' thread and the fact im bored out of my skull here's a thread with a POLL to find out just what is Boards.ie favorite Metallica album?

You can just vote in the Poll or if your feeling really energetic on this wet monday morning you can leave a reason(s) as to why it is your fav album?

For me its a no brainer ...And Justice For All!

Its a non stop tour de force of Heavy/Thrash/Speed Metal.

The Lyrics on pretty much every song have a story of their own and stirke a cord with me in my daily life. I really never get tired of listening to this album.

To Live is To Die is for me the best instrumental song and infact its my favorite all time Metallica song.

Lars on his drums! Ok AJFA is badly produced, but OMG the drumming on AJFA is outstanding in every sense of the word, I actually both a drumkit a while back after listening to AJFA!

What is your favorite Metallica Album? 30 votes

Kill 'Em All
    0%
    Ride the Lightning
    3%
    GrizzlyMan 1 vote
    Master of Puppets
    10%
    HellrazergenericguyJBnaglfar 3 votes
    …And Justice for All
    40%
    DiarmuidBig EarssuperdogBurning EclipseWithCheesePleaserobby^5Kess73XyoDarr3nGJako8MetalDawgRisteard 12 votes
    The Black Album
    20%
    nixcedomination[Deleted User]SchismStev_ofartmaster 6 votes
    Load
    3%
    numanuma 1 vote
    ReLoad
    3%
    Outlawtorn 1 vote
    St. Anger
    0%
    Death Magnetic
    20%
    NuminaParsleyGhostInTheRuinsnyarlothothepchin_grinDancor 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Death Magnetic
    ST ANGAR, for the lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Death Magnetic
    fartmaster wrote: »
    Following on from my hugely popular 'MOP V AJVA' thread and the fact im bored out of my skull here's a thread with a POLL to find out just what is Boards.ie favorite Metallica album?

You can just vote in the Poll or if your feeling really energetic on this wet monday morning you can leave a reason(s) as to why it is your fav album?

For me its a no brainer ...And Justice For All!

Its a non stop tour de force of Heavy/Thrash/Speed Metal.

The Lyrics on pretty much every song have a story of their own and stirke a cord with me in my daily life. I really never get tired of listening to this album.

To Live is To Die is for me the best instrumental song and infact its my favorite all time Metallica song.

Lars on his drums! Ok AJFA is badly produced, but OMG the drumming on AJFA is outstanding in every sense of the word, I actually both a drumkit a while back after listening to AJFA!

Where's the "I don't give a **** and I'm sick of pointless metallica threads" option in the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Master of Puppets
    ride the lightning. it makes me sad to think that they were my age when they wrote it. why am i so shit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

…And Justice for All
    Where's the "I don't give a **** and I'm sick of pointless metallica threads" option in the poll?

It's actually an invisible option called "Don't click on the thread to open it if you're just gonna bitch about it" :rolleyes:

I voted for Master. I love RTL, but I don't see it getting many votes, because in most of the ways that it's excellent, Master is just a little better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

The Black Album

sorry buddy Ill remember to add that one for the next Metallica thread I do :pac:

• Advertisement

The Black Album
    It's actually an invisible option called "Don't click on the thread to open it if you're just gonna bitch about it" :rolleyes:

I voted for Master. I love RTL, but I don't see it getting many votes, because in most of the ways that it's excellent, Master is just a little better!

:D

Would all the Metallica haters/ACDC fans please stop voting for ST Anger ye wouldnt know music if it smacked you in the face :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

…And Justice for All
    Hmm It is a choice of two as the two are head and shoulders above the rest, with the Black album probably coming third.

The two being Ride The Lightening and Master Of Puppets.

RTL has the better individual songs imho, but as an album I think MOP just shades it. I think I may need to give both a blast to make up my mind on it though.

Justice fell just short of being in contention due to the production, which lets it down badly.

The Black Album
    Metallica threads will be in the charter in no time.

Justice has my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Would all the Metallica haters/ACDC fans please stop voting for ST Anger ye wouldnt know music if it smacked you in the face :P

Maybe people do think St Anger is their best album though.
    You cant tell people not to vote just because you dont like a particular album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I was at the peak of my metal-listening, metallica-loving years when Justice came out, and it was the first tour I'd seen them on, so that gets a big vote. It's just in your face the whole way through. If they'd remaster it and give newkid a break, it'd probably be my favorite album ever.

Kill 'Em All has to get props purely because of it's rawness. Love "Puppets" as well, and Load/Re-Load have their place. ST. Anger was a necessary evil, Death Magnetic is a step back in the right direction. Never really got into RTL, tho I don't think it's crap or anything. I also have a love/hate relationship with the black album - it marked the start of the wilderness years for me, and they haven't made it all the way back yet, imo

Don't understand the haters myself, they've produced some crap, and some genius. I've seen them play a dozen times and never came away feeling cheated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Death Magnetic
    I voted St. Anger to help throw the poll off. I'm advising everyone else to do the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Poll closed. I think discussion of Metallica's favourite album will do us for now.

The Black Album
    Numina wrote: »
    I voted St. Anger to help throw the poll off. I'm advising everyone else to do the same.

Whats the point in doing that? Childish behaviour or are you just saying to the world "look at me im a muppet"?

Shame there is very few grown ups on here but anyway as we all know dam well that ...And Justice for All is the numero Uno Metallica Album Poll or no poll ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

St. Anger is a popular choice. Must go out and buy it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Whats the point in doing that? Childish behaviour or are you just saying to the world "look at me im a muppet"?

Shame there is very few grown ups on here but anyway as we all know dam well that ...And Justice for All is the numero Uno Metallica Album Poll or no poll ;)

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    St. Anger is a popular choice. Must go out and buy it.

DON'T
    in the name of god think about your ears!!!!

Death Magnetic
    smythwicks wrote: »
    DON'T
    in the name of god think about your ears!!!!

I think, like everyone else voting for St. Anger, he was taking the mick. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

chin_grin wrote: »
    I think, like everyone else voting for St. Anger, he was taking the mick. :D

haha well tbh it scared me quite a lot....don't do that to people it can be quite fatal:eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Justice would have gotten my vote :pac:

Lars in on unbelievable form and it's by far his best work.
    Guitar work and hetfield's voice are excellent
    Lyrics are brilliant for all songs
    and not being able to hear the bass doesn't bother me in the slightest :pac:

It's just ahead of MOP for me.

Death Magnetic
    Ok my ACTUAL answer would've been Justice too. Because as a drummer meself it really is the best Lars has been. I listened to it and had to check the inlay to make sure! It's phenomenal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

'Ride The Lightening' for me without a doubt. This is propbably my absolute favourite Metallica album next to Kill 'Em All and the Black album.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Whats the point of having a poll if the OP is telling you that what you vote is stupid. Master of puppets would have been my pick with the black album coming in second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I agree! Maybe there should be a Metallica superthread or a Metallica sub-forum?

Having said that, Ride The Lightning would have been my choice for the poll. It was the first Metallica album I ever heard and I still listen to it regularly while many other newer albums get discarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Would have been MOP for me, folllowed by RTL. No filler tracks, both classic thrash masterpieces in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

And justice for all, without a doubt. The melodies, the lyrics, every song is a masterpiece in its own right. To live is to die is a great song, its so underated, lots of people i know dont even know it.

Master Of Puppets is a very overated album imo. Its my least favourite out of their first four thrash albums. Like orion for instance....i just dont see the big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

AC/DC fans not knowing music!!!! Beg to differ on this!!;)

Hard for me to call it between the first 6 albums, Load included, always seems to get talked down but liked where they were going on this album.

Garage Days although a covers EP rates as high for me as any of their original work, probably the one I listen to most, got into alot of other bands from this EP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

...And Justice for All

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Uh oh dont mess with 'fartmaster' the master of farts!

The irony!

Advertisement