Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preventing phone from using internet

• 31-08-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 1680, and I'd like to change the settings on the phone so that it's unable to connect to the internet, even if I try to open a web page etc., how would I do this?

The main reason I want to do it, is so that I don't end up accidentally opening up a web page, or connecting to the internet, and draining my credit because of that (I know a few people that's happened to before).
    I know it's unlikely to do that, if you just pay attention to what you're doing, but I'd prefer to disable internet access completely anyway :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Easiest way is ring your operator and ask them to disable your internet.
    you could just change settings on the phone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

go into the AP settings and change the name of the AP to something like "atari.jaguar" instead of data.mymeteor.ie or whatever it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Thanks, though I can't seem to change the Meteor AP settings? (there's no way to edit them so far as I can see; they come as a 'default configuration settings' profile)

I created my own access point with dud settings, and set that as the preferred access point, but it seems to be falling back to the Meteor one when that doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Thanks, though I can't seem to change the Meteor AP settings? (there's no way to edit them so far as I can see; they come as a 'default configuration settings' profile)

I created my own access point with dud settings, and set that as the preferred access point, but it seems to be falling back to the Meteor one when that doesn't work.

are there proxy settings anywhere in the phone you can edit? try setting the address of the proxy to 127.0.0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 linryan

Ring meteor and ask them to disable it is the easiest way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement