Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Garmin to get...

Options
  • 31-08-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for some quick advice. My sister is looking for a Sat Nav. She wants Ireland / UK Maps, a big screen and Bluetooth. She'd also like to be able to move it from one car to another, and it would need to be able to get the latest maps when they're available.

I've read Gary's excellent guide and from looking at that I reckon I'm looking at a Garmin as it seems to handle Ireland better than TomTom. A look at Garmin's website tells me they have 2 Widescreen Bluetooth Uk & Ireland Devices, the 215W and the 710.

Pixmania doesn't have the 215W ( I'm guessing it's an older model ) and has the 710T for €250. Ideally my sister would like to spend €200 or less. I've also seen the 265WT for €190 on Pixmania. It has all of Europe, Widescreen and Bluetooth.

So, basically, is there a reason why I should go with the 710 over the 265? Or is there another model ( maybe the 1310 that I've just seen in Halfords for €200? ) that you'd recommend instead, to match my criteria? Thanks a lot...

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Bumpty Bump!

Any advice would be appreciated, really don't know a lot about Sat Navs and I don't want to recommend the wrong one to my Sister. Thanks!

J.

Advertisement