Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Participate in community radio

• 31-08-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Are you interested in getting involved in a radio station?

I'm a volunteer presenter/producer at a community radio station based in Shannon. As with any voluntary organisation, we are always looking for people get involved and the station offers opportunities for anyone with an interest in any aspect of radio to come along and see how it works and participate.
    My show is a sports show and I am looking for anyone with an interest in sport to be member of our weekly panel, contribute to phone ins etc on any sporting topic within the county.
    Our area of coverage is Shannon, Sixmilebridge, Cratloe, Newmarket and so for local sports we tend to focus on the activities in those areas. However, we also cover county teams, provincial teams, national teams, community games, clubs, societies etc anything of a sporting nature. We particularly like to highlight sports or individuals which don't have a regular outlet.
    You don't need to be an expert, this is meant to be fun and we are happy to show you the ropes. If presenting isn't your bag, we also need producers, technical people and creative people with ideas on enhancing the quality of programs.
    If you have questions on this, please post, I'd be happy to share what I know.
    Mods, hope this is ok, we are not a commercial station by any means and I just wanted to highlight a service which is active in the county. If possible I would like to give out the frequency, website, phone numbers etc
    thanks Pab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

I would love to come over to ye but Im not near that area of clare.

But what i can do is create a website for you free!, i do the pro way too. It would also build up my portfiolo, feelfree to pm me.

and again, i just want to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Send me a PM. I'd be interested. I may not be much good but sure I'd give it a lash. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Hi Tim, thanks for your offer. I am not involved on the IT side but we do have a website set up already. I'll pass on your offer to the web designer
    The station has been running for about five years now and some aspects of it are quiite good. My own aim is to specifically improve the sports show. The station is jetfm and is at www.jetfm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Awh, pity it's only about sports!
    Have radio/tv/print experience myself, being a journalist and now writer only.
    Would love to do radio again, but more about multicultural, cultural, community or such like issues.
    Not on a regular basis though as I'm busy enough. But now and again would be fun.
    Whenever your station expands to more than sports, contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Hi Palaver,

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. The radio station covers every and any topic of local interest. My section, sports, is only 1.5 hours out of the day. We are always looking for new contributors and if you like I can put you in touch with the station manager. Some of the other stuff thats covered, for example, current affairs, morning show, health show, traditional music, all with some local flavour.
    The website, jetfm.ie might give an impression of what we do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement