Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem

Options
  • 31-08-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, not sure what the title of this should be, but anyway here goes. This time last year, I answered an ad looking for someone to share a room, in a house near my college. Anyway I didnt sign a lease or anything. Fast forward to the end of April, and I sent a letter to the girl who had signed the lease, saying I was leaving in a months time. I heard nothing back, so I thought it was OK. I also, and I know this was wrong, but i didnt pay the rent for May, as I knew I would have problems getting my deposit back from her, (we had fallen out over her constant late night partys and smoking all the time inside)

Today I get a call from the company she rented from, saying I owe 4 months rent, ie May-Aug. The lease ended today, as she signed a 12-month lease.

I dont believe I owe anything, am I right in this assumption?

Many thanks in advance
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you dont owe them anything.

she signed the lease so shes responsible for it. You have just rented a room from her as part of her subletting and have paid up as per your terms.

So tell them to stick it where the sun dont shine

Advertisement