Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing a tragus piercing

• 31-08-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Got my tragus pierced, love it but need to take it out. It's not a ring but a labret stud ( think that's right). I've tried to pull the back bit off but it won't budge. Any advice, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

If it's a labret stud, the front ball should screw off...the back's dont normally come off. They are annoyingly difficult to get out though because of their location and size - if you haven't done it before it may well be worth going to see your piercer and getting them to do it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Thank u!!

No prob. Did you get it??? Have just tried mine - mine is clockwise to loosen and anti-clockwise to tighten...not sure if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i use the 'righty tighty, lefty loosey' way :)

Oh yeah - forgot about that!!!!! Maybe coz I don't know my left from my right...:rolleyes:

Not the brightest of bunnies...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I have a theory that piercers have superhuman strength.

They're bloody well impossible to open

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

I ended up having to use 2 pairs of pliers to get a labret stud out once.

Afterwards, I couldn't tell if the taste of iron in my mouth was from the pliers or my just cut inside lip
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

somakasvh wrote: »
    I ended up having to use 2 pairs of pliers to get a labret stud out once.

Afterwards, I couldn't tell if the taste of iron in my mouth was from the pliers or my just cut inside lip
    :confused:

I once spent about an hour with pliers trying to open a conch bar.

And I couldn't.

So I recruited my da, he tried with his hands for aaaaaaaages (and he's a bear!) and then spent about 20 minutes with a pliers before it actually opened. There was blood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I always found that the easiest way was to get some latex gloves and a pair of needle nose pliers or similar.

Put one glove on your strongest hand and two fingers of another glove over the pliers. Helps give excellent grip and also makes things a good deal more sterile.

Advertisement