Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broadband & E71

• 31-08-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I currently have Meteors BB on PAYG, so I pay the €20 for 30 days surfing. I just top up and send an sms requesting 30 days BB.

I've just bought an E71 and I'm wondering if I can use that as the modem, and then buy the BB on that?

I currently have 2 meteor SIMS, one in my phone and one in the dongle, I'd like to combine these into one sim and tether the phone to the laptop instead of the dongle.

Is this possible with Meteor? I asked in a meteor shop but they didn't know.

Regards

B2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Beta2 wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have Meteors BB on PAYG, so I pay the €20 for 30 days surfing. I just top up and send an sms requesting 30 days BB.

I've just bought an E71 and I'm wondering if I can use that as the modem, and then buy the BB on that?

I currently have 2 meteor SIMS, one in my phone and one in the dongle, I'd like to combine these into one sim and tether the phone to the laptop instead of the dongle.

Is this possible with Meteor? I asked in a meteor shop but they didn't know.

Regards

B2
    Based on previous discussions on Boards and other sources, Meteor don't currently offer their mobile broadband service with a talk package on either prepaid or postpaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Based on previous discussions on Boards and other sources, Meteor don't currently offer their mobile broadband service with a talk package on either prepaid or postpaid.

you can't call people with those sim cards at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    you can't call people with those sim cards at all?

I said Meteor don't offer their mobile broadband service with a talk package, I didn't say you can't call people from a mobile broadband sim. ;)

With that said, if calls are placed from a mobile broadband sim without a talk package, in theory, you could be charged at a completely different, and more expensive, rate than is offered by Meteor on any of their talk packages. While this is all in theory, I wouldn't be surprised if the default call charges were expensive; if calls were possible.

Advertisement