Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Script Writing people CORK

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So - Looking for 1 or 2 writing partners over 30 years old really, who are interested in creating some scripts to push forward onto TV /RADIO - Must have some interest in the processes behind script writing and story lay-out but mostly have a desire and interest to create something good - . Cork City for meeting up to chat, create ideas and regroup.

Influences, Seinfeld, Curb, Steve Coogan , Boosh, Gervais Productions, Day Today, Father Ted, Nighty Night, Last Orders, Gavin & Stacey, Yes Minister, Blackadder, Green Wing, Spaced - well, the list goes on but I think you get the idea about the kind of humour interested in bringing to the surface.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paddycbc

Hi, was just searching for script writing workshops in Cork and stumbled on your post. I am very interested in meeting someone who I can bounce some ideas off. I have no experience in script writing but have a keen interest in the subject. I am 24 but don't let that deter you. My main comedy influences include Curb, Seinfeld, Fr Ted and The Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ciaster

I think there could be potential cross over in ideas - i'm 38 so my head is into old school comedy with a modern day feel and - but my main focus is getting together with some people who know the process behind script writing - I only know the basics so it's an area I lack any real expertise -

There is no harm thrashing a few ideas about though - what did you have in mind - maybe we could bounce a few ideas around over email and see where that leads us - maybe send me some dialogue based around a if you want and we'll keep sending it back and forth - see if we get anywhere and then hook up if it gets interesting ?

Cheers

Ciaron

• Registered Users Posts: 40 worthkill

I'm interested i have an idea about a pudgy thirty two year old sales executive who still harbours a dream to be a rock star. He puts a notice up in tesco to form a band and soon stumbles upon a bunch of mid life misfits who are all lost in the same dream. His wife threatens to leave him and take their kids (Ringo and lynnot) but as the dream reaches reality his life soon crumbles down around him!

Advertisement