Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muzzles

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Was walking my Boxer on saturday evening and came across a checkpoint on the road. One of the guards approached me and asked me why I hadn't the dog muzzled. I said as far as I knew they didnt have to have muzzles on once they were on a secure lead. I also told him I won't put one on her anyway because it would ruin her. He told me the next time he sees me with her without a muzzle, I'll be fined €150!

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1991/en/si/0123.html
    Print that out and give it to him.

You don't need to have your boxer muzzled. You don't even need to have him on a lead at all, as long as the dog is under your control.

If that happened to me I would go to the station and ask to speak to him and ask him where he gets his (mis)information from.

I hope he knows other laws a bit better than he (obviously doesn't) know this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

Thanks for that..

Ya I was 99% sure but couldn't find that info online about it..
    I'l drop in later and give it to him!!

See what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Id have told him he should've went to Specsavers!!:D
    Unless your dog is in a Prada handbag & wearing clothes its presumed dangerous!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

God these people annoy me, they are the ones making up these stupid laws then they dont even know one breed from another.

Next time he stops you, tell him to go buy a book on dog breeds and get his facts right, aaaaaahhhhhhh

You could always disguise your dog as another breed - like the doberman in the attached picture...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

love it!!! hahaha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

OMG that picture of the doberman, hilarious it just made my day :D
    Stupid guards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I'm so gonna do that with my black greyhound. I was thinking of dressing him up as a sheep first though. Similar to the picture above, but white instead of black, and fuller.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

that pic is fantastic id love it for my girl,,,of course she'd hate it,,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Love the pic of the doberman. Hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

tesslab wrote: »
    Id have told him he should've went to Specsavers!!:D
    Unless your dog is in a Prada handbag & wearing clothes its presumed dangerous!! :p

ha ha class (pity its somewhat true though! maybe people should try put their rottie's into a wedding dress and squish them into a suitcase, then people wouldnt prejudge??)

votejohn wrote: »
    ha ha class (pity its somewhat true though! maybe people should try put their rottie's into a wedding dress and squish them into a suitcase, then people wouldnt prejudge??)

You'd get some strange looks at the airport though!

OP - did you ever bother going to see the Garda or did you just try to forget about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

@Kildara

I just forgot bout it.. Wait till the next time I come across him with the dog.. We live in a small town so it won't be long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

If your Boxer a brindle? I've had people thinking my brindle Boxer puppy is a Staffy (weird, but okay!) so I presume thats what the Garda thoght

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

dee o gee wrote: »
    OMG that picture of the doberman, hilarious it just made my day :D
    Stupid guards :mad:

no stupid "garda"

dont tar us all with the one brush..

attack the deed not the breed...

Advertisement