Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation recommendation

• 31-08-2009 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a good light weight foundation/powder? I'd like to wear it during the day if I've something to go to but more for night time when I'm going out. I don't like the foundation that's been applied with a trowel or the tango foundation cause I'm really pale. My mind boggles in the chemist and I leave empty handed :rolleyes: thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I'm using a water based Bobby Brown one at the moment. It's lighter than oil based foundations. It comes in pale shades too.

Tis bout 38euro a pop i think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use Mac Face and Body. It's very light and goes on very easy. I'm very pale as well so I find it great, and it can be used all over your body. I regularly use it on my shoulders and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I'm using a Bobbi Brown one at the minute too. It's the Luminous foundation (maybe it's the same one aidom is using??) and the shade is warm ivory. I'm fairly pale and this shade suits my skintone perfectly. I apply it with a foundation brush (mine's from the Body Shop). Really light coverage, but it can be built up, and leaves a lovely glow. Try visiting a Bobbi Brown counter - they will probably try some of it on your skin and give you a sample to take home to see what you think.

MAC are also supposed to be good - my pale friend uses their Select foundation - so maybe try there too.

Wherever you try, definitely try to get a sample. Even bring along your own pot so they have no excuse. I used to feel shy about asking for samples, but it's not like the assistants own the stuff - they should give you a sample if you ask! It's something that you could end up spending quite a few euro on, so best be sure it's what you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've heard around that the pale version of the essence foundation is quite good for what you pay. It's water based too as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

I really like mineral foundations as it feels lighter and looks very natural on me!
    I like these ones (I know, weird to buy online but you can get samples):
    http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/foundation.php
    http://www.mixologymakeup.com/

Lily Lolo has the best powder for hiding dark circles under your eyes as well (I mix it with a bit of foundation so it matches the rest of my face)
    Also their porcelain foundation is REALLY pale...

Sometimes I use a brush and sometimes I mix with moisturising lotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I'm using a Bobbi Brown one at the minute too. It's the Luminous foundation (maybe it's the same one aidom is using??) and the shade is warm ivory. I'm fairly pale and this shade suits my skintone perfectly. I apply it with a foundation brush (mine's from the Body Shop). Really light coverage, but it can be built up, and leaves a lovely glow. Try visiting a Bobbi Brown counter - they will probably try some of it on your skin and give you a sample to take home to see what you think.

The one I'm using is called 'Skin Foundation' so it's not the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have used loads of different foundations and have to say my favourites are MAC and NARS! I am quite pale and I wear MAC NW15 or sometimes NW20 which is a teeny bit darker. If you go to any MAC counter, they'd help you find a shade that is right for you.

NARS, I wear a shade called Fiji, I think! It is quite pale so I generally wear that just during the day. It's a nice consistency though.

I also recommend a good primer because that will make any foundation glide on and application will be much smoother. I use Smashbox Photo Finish primer and it's great. A few of my friends have borrowed some from me at various stages and commented on how much better their foundation went on!

Advertisement