Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pink Deposit in Arklow Tap Water.

• 31-08-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Dear All
    I am experiencing a pink deposit from the mains water in Arklow North.
    It is visible on all white sanitary ware. It definitely comes from the mains as it is also in my shower which is directly connected to it. The deposit is washable and seam to be armless ( on the short term) since i am not dead yet, and have been drinking tap water. Does anybody knows what it is? where does it come from? it has been visible for about 2 months now.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Have you reported it to the council? They would be in a much better position to answer your query.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

could be worse, we used to get live moving creatures from time to time back in the day....
    and dirt almost all the time.

Arklow North? Never heard Ferrybank called that....
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Petter

We have that in Bray also. I have no idea what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭seamy_orr

I live in Arklow for 5 years from 2002 to 2007 and had a similar problem with red colouring of white sanitary ware.

The most likely cause is that there is a slightly higher than normal iron content in the water supply. The source of iron may come from the ground water as it filters through the soil it picks up Iron sediments. It can also be from the corrosion of iron or steel pipes or other components of the plumbing/water supply system where the acidity of the water, measured as pH, is below 6.5.

As most new domestic piping is done in qualpex/plastic the source is most likely coming from the water treatment supply system.

In Gorey's water supply around mid 2008 there was a slightly worse problem with the domestic water supply. Most non-natural blondes were finding that the water would turn their highlights a slightly green colour. This was due to either high copper content or high chlorine content in the water. All sorts of remedies like soaking hair in tomato ketchup were used to counteract this.

Advertisement