Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Opinions Wanted

Options
  • 31-08-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing a masters in marketing and as part of my thesis am examining consumer opinions of the play.ie website. The research is fully my own and nothing to do with their company.

I am looking for people to take part in my short questionnaire regarding your opinions of the website.

Please log on to the link below and have a look through the website in order to answer the questions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=O1A026W8qv4taK68CzjHTA_3d_3d

All opinions welcomed!!

Thanks,
    spellstar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Play.ie? That's just a redirect to Play.com with the Euro currency selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

yeah i know.. its just easier to view it in euros tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But it's still Play.com. Calling it Play.ie gives the false impression that it is some how different, and more relative to Ireland. Having a look at your questions, the currency seems irrelevant anyway, as all the questions are about how you feel, what the site looks like, whether you'd use it or not, etc. There's no consumer survey here, as there's no mention of price, value for money, products, etc. This is a survey of happiness.

I don't buy from a website because they make me feel excited of frenzied (your words), I buy because they have the product I want at the right price. What people think of Play's burying of the postage price in the unfair exchange rate, and then lying about it still being free postage would be far more important, from a consumer's point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

Sorry you felt that way jor el... I wasn't trying to be misleading at all, I just simply wanted the currency to be right when logging onto the site, as some people might not realise that they sell to Ireland if they logged onto the UK (sterling) site.

For the purposes of this survey, I am trying to measure feelings toward the site, yes, as well as how individuals interpret the site and gain meaning from it. Unfortunately, this survey isn't measuring other opinions that you mentioned although I am grateful for your feedback.

Can you recommend any alternative Irish sites selling CDs , DVDs etc that I could examine?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Just because you're cheap does not mean the entire consumer population is. There are many websites which people use whose purpose is not, as with play.com , to offer the lower end priced consumer goods. Price is not that main factor for every customer. Its clear the survey is trying to look at the layout of the website, which whether you think so or not, has been shown to influence purchase intentions among many consumer groups.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    Just because you're cheap does not mean the entire consumer population is. There are many websites which people use whose purpose is not, as with play.com , to offer the lower end priced consumer goods. Price is not that main factor for every customer. Its clear the survey is trying to look at the layout of the website, which whether you think so or not, has been shown to influence purchase intentions among many consumer groups.

In fairness price is a big driver for consumers in this day and age that can't be denied.

In relation to play, it markets itself as play.com so best to refer to it as that rather then play.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Cabaal wrote: »
    In fairness price is a big driver for consumers in this day and age that can't be denied.

Absolutely I would definitely agree. Price is very important, and would be quite important to anybody who would use play.com as it has many competitors who offer lower prices. All I'm saying is that many factors contribute to purchase decisions online and offline. If price we're the only factor consumers considered the retail environment would be a very different place dont ya think?

And as spellstar who posted the survey said, this is for academic research and they have nothing to do with the company. Therefore challenging them on topics which are clearly beyond their control is pointless. I'm sure play.com has a customer service section for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

You aren't allowed start survey threads without permission. Locked. Although i won't delete the thread and maybe some more people might fill in your survey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement