Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie Question: What are labs and tutorials?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

What are they and how many do I need to attend each week?

Doing BBS with French.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

What are they and how many do I need to attend each week?

Doing BBS with French.

Cheers. :)

Tutorial are more personal than lectures, and the numbers of students in them are far fewer (on average about 12). Every student is expected to say something in a tutorial discussion and depending on the subject you could have a presentation to read out during a tutorial. Not sure what a lab is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

A lab on your timetable is most likely to be in the language lab - where you can do the listening and video comprehension part of your French modules.

Or it might be in the computer labs - for some of your business modules like I.T. (not sure of what those are but plenty others here can help you out Im sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Hey

I did Business and French last year!!

Losts of reasons you could have a lab:

On the french side of things it could be for:

1) Aural.... ie: headphones (Exciting) :)
    2) Video.... ie: watching the news (Even more exciting) :L
    3) Writing ...ie: Sending emails to a French correspondant .... this bit is actually quite intersting if you put effort in!!!

Business Side:

1) Anything that uses computers

Labs differ from tutorials in that Tutorials are basically Small lectures (though they arn't supposed to be).

Labs are the same but you use stuff!!!

Best way I can describe it without putting in too much pre-college thought!

Advertisement