Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with a user

Options
  • 31-08-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a problem with two posts from another user on AH,
    are you trying to be smart or take the piss altogether, i have every right and you wont deny me my rights, 3 quarter of the country are the same as me, derelict ex supporters, but i can tell you one thing you will count your self very lucky if you never meet me in person, i seen your smart alic comments in the other thread, and this thread, and pray to god your online ,because if you were in person youd be on your way to a and e now in a good many pieces

and

i will say it again your very lucky thats on line ,in person you wouldnt be as smart,

another quote on my posts by you will result in me looking and finding you, you can figure out what happens then

and we willl then see where your smart remarks will get you

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Banned from After Hours for two weeks for that. If an admin feels like making it longer, please do.

@long onion: There's a red triangle icon beside every post you can also use to report a post to the forum moderators.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

After seeing this thread I went to ban leitrim lad. It turns out that javaboy must have been thinking the same because he just banned him a few minutes ago. Threats against other users isn't on and it's something we'll gladly deal with. In future though could you use the report post function as this will send an email to all the after hours moderators and will get it sorted quicker. Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Report icon ---> report.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

After seeing this thread I went to ban leitrim lad. It turns out that javaboy must have been thinking the same because he just banned him a few minutes ago. Threats against other users isn't on and it's something we'll gladly deal with. In future though could you use the report post function as this will send an email to all the after hours moderators and will get it sorted quicker. Thanks.

Many thanks, tried looking for the way to report the post, but couldn't see it - lean something new every day

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We take actual physical threats very seriously on boards, it's serious enough for us to go to someone's workplace and lodge a complaint if they are posting from work. I see the guy has been sitebanned though, so that's good.

Long Onion, if you get any Private Messages that are like that, or distasteful and unsolicited you can also report them too, iirc the link is on the top right hand side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Many thanks

Advertisement