Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality links? where to find them?

• 31-08-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

How do i get good quality links for my website? I am struggling to understand this link building and can't find any quality links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Have you tried just emailing other websites that cover the same topics as your website, swap some links... get out there more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brianLiverpool

There is not many coz we are a vending machine company. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Try get links from other manufacturers, producers of the products that go into your machines, companies you sell/rent your machines to. Setup a twitter account, join more forums/websites/communities and built it from there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Have a look at the top 10 in your market in google.
    Go to a site like backlinkfinder.com, and enter each of the URLs to find where the links to the top 10 are coming from.
    If any of them are directories or somewhere it looks like you might be able to get a link from, follow up on that.

Search for other directories that might be relevant - start with DMOZ, though that can take ages to get approved in.

Post useful, relevant comments on relevant forums or blogs, with a link back to your site.
    Install something like the NoDoFollow plugin for Firefox so you know if links on a site are marked as nofollow, save you wasting time.

Check out the SEO forum, and the SEO forum on the Irish Webmasters forum
    Put a link in your sig here and any forums you join (check the forum rules first)

Add an entry in Google's Local Business Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Can't see you getting many takers to be honest. I used to install vending machines myself and you are fighting to get them in most of the time and tryning to displace other companies hence not that many freinds.

You could try getting links from whatever brandnames you sell, the suppliers of the equipement you use and the shops that have your machines. I suspect you advertise on the machines so any chance of getting liks from the advertisers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Actually, check this out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

ttm wrote: »
    Can't see you getting many takers to be honest. I used to install vending machines myself and you are fighting to get them in most of the time and tryning to displace other companies hence not that many freinds.

You could try getting links from whatever brandnames you sell, the suppliers of the equipement you use and the shops that have your machines. I suspect you advertise on the machines so any chance of getting liks from the advertisers?

I'd hazard a guess that link bait might be a good options in an industry like that. "The 5 Most Unlikely Places To Find A Vending Machine"... I reckon you might get some good mileage if you can come up with some very unique compelling content.

Advertisement