Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The weakest link

Options
  • 31-08-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,771 ✭✭✭✭

Which game out of a series of games was the worst and why?

My vote goes to Devil May Cry 2. DMC1 was a brilliant game. DMC2 took everything that was great about it, put it in the Plan B file, and then ignored it. They added some new moves, and Dante jumping headfirst from heights was pretty good. Everything else was crap.

Enemies were crap.
    Bosses were terrible.
    Lucia, new secondary playable character was annoying as hell.
    Main boss was a joke.
    Voice acting was comical, but not in a good way.
    The final boss was just... what? Who is this guy?
    Ending was stupid
    Weapons were crap. Instead of new styles, you just got a different looking sword.
    Level design was awful
    Dante left his sense of humour at home

My God how they got that game wrong. Since then, they got back on track with the superb DMC3, and the very good DMC4 (3 is better though imo)

Suggestions? Who'll be first to say MGS2?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fifa 96-07: Crap crap crap. Crap crap crap crap crap.
    Age of Empires III: It was just missing something that AoE II had. Not really sure what it was, it could just never live up to the legacy.
    Final Fantasy XII: Do i need to explain why?
    Call of Duty 3: Again, a major let down after the excellent first 2 games. At least imo.

Street Fighter 2 *runs for the hills*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MGS4 in the Metal Gear series for me. MGS 1 and 3 were superb and while MGS2 had it's problems when it let you play it it was excellent. MGS 4 just didn't have enough gameplay and wasn't much, couple that with the atrocious over use of cutscenes.

Sparkster on the Megadrive. Rocket Knight Adventures and the SNES sparkster are excellent but the megadrive one is a bit crap.

R-type Final. What a terrible way to end an excellent series. It was just so boring and very little happened in many levels and some ran at around 5 FPS sometimes.

Suikoden 4. One of the dullest RPGs I've ever played and whoever designed the ship sections to be so slow and the encounter rate to be so high during them should be taken out side and slapped. Every other entry in the series is excellent although S3 was bit of a let down.

Final Fantasy XII. I know some people like it but it just wasn't for me. My main complaint is that it just wasn't a final fantasy game. At least it isn't as bad a FF2 on the NES. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,771 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kiith wrote: »
    Fifa 96-07: Crap crap crap. Crap crap crap crap crap.

Fifa 99 is actually my favourite. Didn't buy another one til 04 (What a mistake that was)

Definitely agree with COD3 though

GTA2 I'll throw in as well. Just didn't really like it. Weird looking cars, a lot of the weapons were crap. I think they got rid of motorbikes in that one but I might be wrong. There was too much open space to get lost in. Played it to death, but not a patch on the fun that could be had in GTA1.

GOURANGA!

Advertisement