Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain & Flooding East Coast

Options
  • 31-08-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

There has been widespread flooding in Dundalk this afternoon as a result of heavy non stop rain pulsing north since 10am. Traffic in the town is very heavy as some roads are impassible while others are down to one lane (schools back hasn't helped). Currently 33mm today at my location (where I am stuck as roads are all flooded). It's still raining thought further west is clear - it's been possible to see blue skies on the western horizon this past few hours, but they are not advancing this direction.
    PS Why will people in cars not put on their lights when visibility is so bad??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Big Dee wrote: »
    PS Why will people in cars not put on their lights when visibility is so bad??????

Because they're complete idiots! Plain and simple.
    Moderate rain here in Dublin although easing a little now. Don't think it is anywhere near 33mm. The Dublin/Wicklow mountains appear to have done their shielding over Dublin City rather well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Big Dee wrote: »
    There has been widespread flooding in Dundalk
    Tell me about it, what should of been a 15 minute drive home turned into near an hour. Under the bridge on the castletown round is flooded again :rolleyes:, it's the worse I've ever seen it.

I've recorded 30.3mm of rain so far today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

A lot of rain around Gorey- Carnew today. Localised flooding. Cleared around 5 pm. Dry still. Mild night.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement