Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting ntsc dvds to pal

• 31-08-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi guys,

I'm just after getting a dvd off ebay and turns out it's region 1 ntsc. Just wondering can the dvd itself be converted or does my dvd player/laptop have to be converted to multi region? It was supposed to be a present for someone but if they can't play it in their dvd player, then i guess there's no point giving it to them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you have two choices. you can either copy the dvd and make it region free, or you can keep the original dvd and make your player multiregion. i like having the original disc so would recommend you make the player multiregion if possible

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cmul100

Thanks adam. What i really want is a way of removing the restriction from the dvd itself so i can still give it as a present. It wouldn't really be the same giving someone a blank dvd. I'm sure there's some software out there that'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

unfortunately that isnt possible. when you buy a dvd you are unable to put information onto that disc, such as software to get around region codes. handiest way is to get the make and model of their dvd player and get it multiregioned. at least in future any disc they get will play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

cmul100 wrote: »
    Thanks adam. What i really want is a way of removing the restriction from the dvd itself so i can still give it as a present. It wouldn't really be the same giving someone a blank dvd. I'm sure there's some software out there that'll do it.
    The restriction isn't the software, it's the hardware. The DVD is written to once and that's it, can't be rewritten to. So as was said, it's not possible to modify the disk in any way.

Advertisement